VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon guys,

This weather's scuppered the chance of getting a polish in this afternoon but never mind. I've got a 2010 T5.1 (T30 140) with a tailgate that has no badges on the back except the standard VW emblem. I want to badge-it-up with the Transporter badge again and then the appropriate bits on the right h/s but not sure what it would have had as standard. It just doesn't look right without any lettering on the back imo.

I have found a T30/140 badge on eBay but not sure if there should be a TDI badge too.
Check it out on eBay!

Has anybody got any pictures of the back of their 2010 tailgate that I can look at to get an idea of what should be there and spacing/positioning etc.

Cheers!

·
Special Rapporteur
9,766 Posts
No harm in spending your money but... bear in mind that nobody other than you will notice - or care - whether these badges are present on your van or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No harm in spending your money but... bear in mind that nobody other than you will notice - or care - whether these badges are present on your van or not.
Oh don't worry - it's entirely for my own pleasure as it just looks odd without anything whenever I look at it and it's driving me mad now :eek: . It's sad I know but I can't let it niggle me any longer LOL:

·
Livin the dream
331 Posts
I wouldn't bother bud I personally think the tailgate looks better without the badges I mean that's just my opinion

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,168 Posts
Oh don't worry - it's entirely for my own pleasure as it just looks odd without anything whenever I look at it and it's driving me mad now :eek: . It's sad I know but I can't let it niggle me any longer LOL:
I agree A:
I don't really get this "debadging" thing :) (and especially when it involves hours and days of work to remove and make good the removal of a badge and ends up looking wrong (IMO)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree A:
I don't really get this "debadging" thing :) (and especially when it involves hours and days of work to remove and make good the removal of a badge and ends up looking wrong (IMO)

took me 20min and looks way better without the chrome lettering

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,168 Posts
took me 20min and looks way better without the chrome lettering
I was thinking more about those who remove the VW emedded badges and then fill the hole etc. Way too much work for zero effect :)

Also, if you debadge a vehicle which is a few years old, it is often neccessary to do some serious machine polishing to remove the shadow of the lettering that gets left behing otherwise it just looks like the van had a visit from a wannabe Beastie Boy :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts