VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some issues with the t5 last week, now waiting on parts so decided to take my t4 away instead this weekend ( work van) it has no split charge etc, but I need one as I have items I use for work that ill need charging while I'm away as ill be working Monday on the way home. Ordered a split charge kit on Monday morning around 8am based on reccomendations here, . Didn't hear anything , waited till today and contacted travelvolts via phone , and got a response saying its out for delivery tommorow, (Friday) bearing in mind the website states next day service? ,. The text said nothing else.

I repied saying I thought it was next day service and the urgency of the situation / problem its caused.
The reply I get is that it couldn't be collected due to a burst water main? And sorry but we are all at the mercy of things we cant control.

Please bear in mind that id had no email to let me know of this problem, and he seemingly didn't try posting via royal mail either?
Either way its left me cancelling my only weekend away this year . And I've had to just accept it? I'm guessing he hasn't left his house since Monday? And the postoffice is inaccessible?

Not sure if he's off his game lately or something as I've only ever heard good things,. But he doesn't seem forthcoming in accepting responsibility. I seem to be taking the hit for a split charge I wont need after this weekend. But won't even get time to fit it

·
Registered
587 Posts
Re: TRAVELVOLTS bad service? Bad week?

A bit quick mate at dishing a guy who has helped hundreds of van owners on here solve their electrical problems out of the goodness of his own heart. A bit of tact wouldn't have gone wrong in this case. You should have sorted things out man to man before trying to destroy his excellent reputation.................

J

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

A bit quick mate at dishing a guy who has helped hundreds of van owners on here solve their electrical problems out of the goodness of his own heart. A bit of tact wouldn't have gone wrong in this case. You should have sorted things out man to man before trying to destroy his excellent reputation.................

J
And what was me texting him, and calling him, (he wouldn't answer but would text back after) leaving a.voicemail etc? The fact he hadn't been forthcoming with making it right has bugged me, and the fact I've lost the cost of this kit, and hundreds in lost wages for a weekend i wont get, but in his opinion its just out of his control? As i said before, he's missed chances to inform me of the issues but chose not to for whatever reason , I'm guessing he just forgot to send it, as it seems strange that I ask today and now I'm.suddenly getting it tommotow. I'm all for supporting small business, I run one myself, but when youre wrong as a trader, youre wrong, and you should make it right. He's for some reason skirted around this, with blunt "not my fault" messages. I did say "maybe" he's having a bad week? ??

·
Registered
4,018 Posts

Charge your gear while you're driving and go away. I can remember skipping stuff so I could work, no idea what the job was or why it was so important but can remember the weekends away I missed.

Upspex is usually pretty good, sounds like he's having a bad week.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If I could I would, but to detour back home afterwards would add hours. And the kit I use needs to be charged and ready.

Ive had contact with him again this.morning explaining that no one will be there to sign for the parcel ( there was at the beginiining of the week, right up till Thursday. ) and reiterated the point id like a refund.

His response was I can return any unwanted items at my expense via signed and tracked service.

At MY EXPENSE??? Its cost me hundreds due to him not even informing me already, and now I've still got to foot the bill for an issue his end? Ive also allready paid for next day service!!

Ive said, it was wanted, if it had been sent on time, (Monday or Tuesday) and not sent on Thursday after I enquired about it. He also won't seemingly give me a tracking number?

As I said previously it was meant to be next day , it wasn't sent due to an issue his end. That leave's the fault etc at his end not,mine.

He's still made no attempt to make it right, and is just fobbing me off with one sentance answers where I seem to be required to spend more money????

Please be aware Ive tried dealing with him before posting this, but he seems totally unconcerned.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

J
As of this morning I've just been told by upspex himself, via text, that I left it a little late to complain. I've told him that me leaving it late was giving a trusted forum seller the benefit of the doubt

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Right, Hes just a few moments ago told me to F**K off on the phone after i left a voicemail asking him to call me as he hasnt once spoken on the phone , He finally called and had a go at me stating its a next day service, Not next day delivery.

Absolute joke of a man. He might have been good to people on here with his knowledge But his buisness ethic is absolutely disgusting. No regard for the problems hes caused. Absolutely nothing in the way of responsibility. ive now lost wages, And the cost of this kit . And then to get told to off...

Even a little refund of the NEXT DAY postage would have been a gesture. (one i would have made to my customers)

All for an item i should have recieved on tuesday or wednesday....

Could have and should have bought the same thing on ebay or amazon....

How he can blame all this on me and a burst water main is unbeliveable., All he had to do was use either any number of other couriers, Or pop to the postoffice with it.. Or failing all that, Email me and say sorry i cant fullfil your order...

Multiple times he failed at one order...:(

Last few messages

·
Registered
10,589 Posts

The time spent here on character assassination would have seen your split charge system fitted and you on the road to your jolly.
As no contact number was supplied until Thursday how was I supposed to update you on the situation?
36 orders were delayed this week due to the ongoing problems with road works that surround me at the moment. All but one customer understands the situation and resisted the temptation to have a go.
All seems a bit whiny to me.

·
Registered
478 Posts

Travelvolts has helped me over the phone and by message and has always been friendly. If the OP wanted it next day and ordered on a Monday morning then I think phoning on Tuesday would have saved himself hassle and all this.. instead of waiting until Thursday. I don't think Travelvolts has a huge warehouse like amazon to dispatch his parcels for him.
I think this is a bit unfair.

·
Super Moderator
5,290 Posts

Just sell on the split charge system you have ordered, you won't have to pay to send it back and you can make your money back T:T:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts

In all if my almost ten years on here. I've never , ever seen a complaint against Martyn.

On the few occasions we have spoken , he has always rung me back when he has finished what he is doing - I don't know many blokes who will answer a phone, when they are upside down in the cupboard of a conversion, doing wiring. - and been very helpful , either to help with electrical questions, or to help fit his kit.

Everyone has issues which are out of their hands. Some of them are busy people.

I'm sure if I had a job which could earn me ' hundreds of pounds' in a weekend, then the odd one missed, would be neither here or there and any electrical kit , which I couldn't charge, unless it as needed for medical reasons, could just run out of charge and I'd be grateful not to be at its beck and call.

I'm also certain that there will have been no malice of forethought on Martyn's part and in my view, I'm sure that of many others too, Travelvolts will remain one of the foremost businesses to trade on here.

We all up now and again. Don't we ?

·
Registered
566 Posts

Only used martyn once for a solar controller needed in a rush. I contacted him and arranged to collect. He seemed a nice bloke having met him and I get the impression he balanced doing the work aNd his website sales.. Does seem a bit unfair from the op who was already stressed and doomed to get worse.

In All these experiences hopefully we learn and will now what not to do next time..if is going to go wrong chances are etc...

·
Registered
145 Posts

Personally I can't fault Martyn. Shame Paulandan feels so aggrieved.

·
Registered
457 Posts

Used Martyn on my last two vans and would use him on the next two vans too.
I get the feeling he doesn't have loads of staff waiting to dispatch orders so if he's out doing fittings then no doubt he would do them when he's back.
I can only imagine the amount of calls and texts he has to deal with daily. Maybe wasn't answering his phone due to working on vans or filling orders. One bad experience maybe but will always get my business and more importantly recommendations from me to others.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

This is the martyn that has sent out copies of the t5 fuse lists and locations to to lots of forum
members me included.if memory is correct all he requested that we made a donation to charity.
Thanks again martyn.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I would not hear a bad word said about Martyn. He is one of the good guys. Just a bad experience for an impatient person I suspect.

·
Old git ✌️
11 Posts
Re: Travelvolts thank you

I sent a help email about wiring on my Older diesel non turbo pump.
I promptly received a reply on Monday morning telling me how and what to do .
All he asked for was for me to make a donation to his selected charity.i am going to make donation as I couldn't get the info from anywhere ?
That proved to me that the above was a misunderstanding good guys and companies don't generally help especially so quickly and give their knowledge for free

I will be purchasing from Travelvolts in future and thanks guys and to other potential purchasers don't be put off by one misunderstanding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts