VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have any Tree Surgeons amongst us ?

Reason for asking I have a Tree with a TPO on it, to which I have submitted my reasons for it needing a good trim.

Speaking to the Tree people in my local Authority, they say I don’t need to get an approved tree surgeon to do this, provided its “pruned” to the British Standard.

I know everyone to their specific trade and all that, but any advice welcome …

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Hi Jimbo
We have lots of tree's at work like this. Basicaly the tpo is just to stop people cutting the tree's down. As long as you take care not to over do it you will be fine. I have a couple of arborist qualifications Cs31 Cs36 etc etc.
You must seek the local councils permision to touch it unless its an emergency eg the tree is dead or has become unsafe but you dont need to be qualified to do it if its in your own garden.
Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
If you're going to prune it - do it in winter......................less waste to move, tree is dormant and no birds nesting :D

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coool - cheers guys, this was the impression I got, provided I don;t get too carried away and at least to the Tree Huggers what I am going to do, then think it should be ok.

It appears the Removal lorry from the previous owners may have taken a few branches out already .... I:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts