VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for a shower type tap attachment which I can use on the van with an external water pump. I would expect the tap to have a micro switch that would trigger the pump when pressed. Maybe that's not the case though and the back pressure from the trigger attachment would hold the pump until the trigger is pressed to release the water? I'm not even sure if such a thing exists or I'm misunderstanding what I need. Something like this though from another thread on here...

Essentially what I'm after is something I can use at the back of the van to shower off muddy stuff but also use this for filling pans/kettles etc if need be. Not actually showering and doesn't need to deal with hot water. I'll have water tank and external pump available so trying to identify the correct tap.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
We had one on our caravan and used it for washing the dog :) but I can't remember what triggered it, I don't remember it having a tap though, sorry for little help but they do exist...I:

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
We've got a shower exactly as in the picture but it's just a valve at the shower end of the pipe & is meant for a pressurised system so no micro switch. You should be able to use one but you'd need a separate switch to run the pump until you've finished with it.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I did a bit more reading and I understand the pump should be on-demand therefore I can power the pump (via a switch) and then it should just start and stop as I trigger the shower head. It's basically just the sprayer attachment I need along with some suitable hose and fittings. Any recommendations on where to buy? I'll be hitting Amazon/eBay otherwise.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the kind of set up you are thinking off. Basically it is a Sureflo pump and a shower attachement with an on/off lever similar to the one in the picture. When you switch on the pump it builds pressure in the system, but if the tap/shower is closed then it can go nowhere so an internal microswitch in the pump shuts it down. Turn on the tap, the pressure drops and the pump fires up. Turn off the tap and the pump stops almost instantly. Works really well. I use it for cleaning the mountain bike and for washing up on a table just outside the van.

This was the pump I used

https://www.jacksonsleisure.com/shurflo/trail/king/caravan/motorhome/water/pump/

This was the shower head

https://leisurelines.net/trigger-shower-head---white-701-p.asp

You need various pipes and connectors to suit your own installation. Either of those retailers would have all you need

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
or maybe just buy a portable pressure washer? I bought a Mobi one for £50 from Chain Reaction Cycles. Comes with all the pipework/spray head etc. and just chuck it in the van when I'm going biking or camping for washing boots off / filling pan/kettle etc. T:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts