VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds good but I don't think they made a red I in the UK? Is it a UK van?

There's a number of differences with the red I and UK versions and I've never seen one from the UK. It's pretty easy to tell when you lift the bonnet.

I may be wrong.

The 888 came with a few nice bits though like Electric windows and mirrors, cruise control and air con I believe but only 88 or 102 bhp in the tdi.

Will have to wait to see some photos of it. T:T:T:

·
Registered
945 Posts
888 special was like a promotion model, named because it's 800kg payload with 88 horsepower (2.5 tdi engine). It can always be remapped for more power if desired but go pretty well as they are. 888 special should have a half bulkhead, twin captains seats, tailgate, maybe e/w, c/l, cruise control if it's x pack. Typed this as t4onthebeach replied hence some repeated answers.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good but I don't think they made a red I in the UK? Is it a UK van?

There's a number of differences with the red I and UK versions and I've never seen one from the UK. It's pretty easy to tell when you lift the bonnet.

I may be wrong.

The 888 came with a few nice bits though like Electric windows and mirrors, cruise control and air con I believe but only 88 or 102 bhp in the tdi.

Will have to wait to see some photos of it. T:T:T:
no idea, guy messaged me on t2 forum i text him he replied he was busy and pics in morn all he said it was tdi red i...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
There were no official UK red 'i' T4s.

If it's a genuine long nose panel van then it's a run out model called the '888 Special X' so 88 bhp. Blue 'i'

The 102 bhp can be found in UK passenger carriers and they have an intercooler on top of the engine. Silver 'i'

The 151 has it's intercooler at the front but not a UK model. Red 'i'

An £8 TD red 'i' badge can be bought on ebay and other places. The copies have a slightly christmassy looking red colouring and sit in the wrong place in the grill, slightly more to the centre than a genuine TDi badge. But there is German ebay to find an original of course.

So, if it's an original UK panel van as you described it, it's a '888 Special X'

I need to get out more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They make them in Germany mate. 3 types of TDI
Blue I is 88bhp
Silver I is 102
Red I is 151

There is alot over here but all say the mid option are the better engines.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
518 Posts
888s details , we have one in red longnose that is one of my customers and friend of mine , if not to far away pop in to slvw coventry i can prob get it here for a look if fancy ?02476637447

1 - 15 of 15 Posts