VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have just had a timing belt kit & pump fitted at a local garage & it runs like a bag of sh*t!!, i need to take it somewhere to get the pump timing sorted as it knocks (possibly advanced?) white smoke etc. does anyone know of a garage that can set up & work on transporters , mine is a 2.4d (slug). It did run very sweet before hand.
Any advice will be great, hope i have posted in the right place as i am a newbie.
regards Geoff

·
Registered
84 Posts
Take it back to them and demand they sort it...... If not tell them they will get the bill for you getting it sorted.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Not tried them myself but been recommended to Just Diesels at Blaydon by a few people. reckon they sorted out their issues at a good price

·
Registered
378 Posts
Croxdale fast fit in newton aycliffe. ask for barry, he's assistant manager, he's my mate and a magician with the spanners. you'll see his two tone t4 in the car park. he'll see you right.T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies, i will give him a visit at croxdale as it is only 7 mile from me, cheers, once i get it back that is.
he admitted to forcing the bloody pump belt on as he didnt see any tensioner, thinking it would line up the same. I said it moves on 3 bolts & he should have took the pulley off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I am not a happy man. If they didnt know they should have said but i suppose greed gets in the way of common sense.
Regards Geoff (sad but wiser):(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts