VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lazy overpaid greedy whingers taking advantage of London's reliance on the tube or do they deserve triple pay and a day off in lieu for working a bank holiday and £50k+???

Pretty sure you can guess my answerLOL:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
50k isn't as good as it sounds if you live in London due to living costs.
Especially when you get over 40 days a year Holiday entitlement to spend it ;)

They do seem to strike a lot though, don't they? I wonder if they'll strike leading upto and during the Olympic Games I: x

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On alot less than £50k aswell - and they all have to pay to travel round London on the tubeI:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Especially when you get over 40 days a year Holiday entitlement to spend it ;)

They do seem to strike a lot though, don't they? I wonder if they'll strike leading upto and during the Olympic Games I: x
Nah they managed to negotiate themselves a nice payoff not to strike during the Olympics, if that's not holding the UK to ransom I don't know what isI:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
and what's wrong with the democracy we live where people fight for better pay and get it? Or is it the way people go about it? Or is it the jealous majority who wish they too could negotiate the same?

I neither agree nor disagree with their renumeration packages as i know not enough about it to comment directly.

T:

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
Nothing wrong with trying to better your terms and conditions its a pity more dont have the balls to stand up for what they believe in

It doesnt matter if you earn £5 or £50000 stand up for yourself and try to improve your lot once in a while,sure your going to annoy some people but who cares look after you and yours

No body will hand you anything on a plate believe in yourself and what you do and then and only then will you be at peace with yourself

Always remember only God can judge you :eek: (But he dont even return your pms so dont worry about jim)

What makes me laugh is the ones who moan that others are on too much money wouldnt turn it down if they got offered it

now go on fire into me if you dare I:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Nothing wrong with trying to better your terms and conditions its a pity more dont have the balls to stand up for what they believe in

It doesnt matter if you earn £5 or £50000 stand up for yourself and try to improve your lot once in a while,sure your going to annoy some people but who cares look after you and yours

No body will hand you anything on a plate believe in yourself and what you do and then and only then will you be at peace with yourself

Always remember only God can judge you :eek: (But he dont even return your pms so dont worry about jim)

What makes me laugh is the ones who moan that others are on too much money wouldnt turn it down if they got offered it

Here here! T:

·
Registered
878 Posts

WELL SAID THAT MAN! If you are gonna do a job you may as well get paid a proper wage for it ! They are responsible for thousands of lives each day and deserve to be paid for it !

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep look after number one, **** everyone else, great way to live your lifeT:

I never said don't try and better yourself. Taking advantage of a situation is different. What if your local garage doubled their labour rate because they know you're going on holiday and need your van back the next day???

fire into me if you dare
Why what's gonna happen:*

·
7,009 Posts

I never said don't try and better yourself. Taking advantage of a situation is different. What if your local garage doubled their labour rate because they know you're going on holiday and need your van back the next day???

Thats right mate look after you because no one else going to give you anything for free if you want a payrise or better terms etc you got to go get them

If my local garage put up their rates good luck to them they deserve it they do a good job and if i wanted my van the next day it would be ready (they like me)

In this country we have too many who whinge and moan that they are not happy with their lot but do nothing about it and when a band of brothers and sisters stand up as one for what they want and believe in they get moaned at and rubbished

To get what you want you will have to upset someone but dont be afraid to be someone and stand up for your rights

Nothing mate i was just being me I:

·
Registered
878 Posts

I think you will find that is a totally different sonario.
If a garage goes stupid on overpricing you take the work elsewhere to be done, there is always someone else. But there is only one tube system in London, and with thousands of passengers to move daily you need a qualified person on the job.
When something goes wrong who carries the can for it ?

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Thats right mate look after you because no one else going to give you anything for free if you want a payrise or better terms etc you got to go get them

If my local garage put up their rates good luck to them they deserve it they do a good job and if i wanted my van the next day it would be ready (they like me)

In this country we have too many who whinge and moan that they are not happy with their lot but do nothing about it and when a band of brothers and sisters stand up as one for what they want and believe in they get moaned at and rubbished

To get what you want you will have to upset someone but dont be afraid to be someone and stand up for your rights

Nothing mate i was just being me I:
Wow that was a bit political for you Chas, but well saidT:

·
7,009 Posts
Wow that was a bit political for you Chas, but well saidT:
yes it is really id better get away i dont normally do politics but thought id give it a go and quite frankly i dont like it :D

i just cant stand people being knocked for trying for a better deal we all got our own personal view on unions etc i know but now you know mine :eek:

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Nah they managed to negotiate themselves a nice payoff not to strike during the Olympics, if that's not holding the UK to ransom I don't know what isI:
Why don't you complain about something worthwhile, like the total waste of money they are spending on the Olympics. BTW they are not holding the UK to ransom, in case you didn't realise it London is only a small part of the UK (I understand that people in the South think London is the UK)

Or what about the bankers the hold the country to ransom

Or the top directors that have awarded themselves 200% pay increases.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Why don't you complain about something worthwhile, like the total waste of money they are spending on the Olympics. BTW they are not holding the UK to ransom, in case you didn't realise it London is only a small part of the UK (I understand that people in the South think London is the UK)

Or what about the bankers the hold the country to ransom

Or the top directors that have awarded themselves 200% pay increases.
Here Here A:

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
yes it is really id better get away i dont normally do politics but thought id give it a go and quite frankly i dont like it :D

i just cant stand people being knocked for trying for a better deal we all got our own personal view on unions etc i know but now you know mine :eek:

Well you should, politics effects everyoneT:

Totally agree, I get sick do death of people constantly "knocking" unions, do you hear people knocking the Institute of Directors (a union of directors that get together to try and improve their members "lot")

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think you will find that is a totally different sonario.
If a garage goes stupid on overpricing you take the work elsewhere to be done, there is always someone else. But there is only one tube system in London, and with thousands of passengers to move daily you need a qualified person on the job.
Erm no, exactly the same scenario and infact you've just proved my point. If a garage charged double because they knew you need the car back desperately and couldn't take it somewhere else they are holding you to ransom exactly like the Tube drivers as they are the main transport provider in London and holding London to random.

I do agree with everything you said, I left school with squat, worked/work hard and have made a nice life for myself but not in this situation - its just greed and taking advantage of the situation. By all means look after number one but not at the expense or by taking advantsge of others - shame on you:(

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Totally agree, I get sick do death of people constantly "knocking" unions, do you hear people knocking the Institute of Directors (a union of directors that get together to try and improve their members "lot")
I wasn't knocking the Union or Unions in general, I never mentioned the Union:* I was knocking the train drivers after all it's their descision. Infact I'm an active member of one of the UKs most well known unionsI:Even got the written warnings for standing with my brothers and sisters to try stop our (your) service being decimated by budget cuts :(no need to preach to me about standing up for what's right.

You know what, sod it, I'll see it from your point of view, next time you dial 999 I'm gonna be on strike, gotta look after number one after allT:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts