VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DTE Systems has a Tuning Box available for the T5 2.0 102PS which raises power to 130PS and 300Nm (up from 250Nm).
http://www.chiptuning.com/car-confi...009-...)&motor=2.0 TDI 102 PS (CR)&no_cache=1
The plug and play unit alters fueling settings (and turbo boost?).

Can anyone provide feedback on this product, and does it have any negative effects on the longevity of the vehicle?

The 2.0 VW engine is used in various configurations with 84PS through to 180PS available. Would upping the 102PS to 130PS have a negative effect on an engine that is widely used (VW Golf, Audi A3, VW T5) in 140PS trim (or does the 140PS motor have different technical specs and turbo from the 102PS)?

Their opposition - Speedhawk claims that introducing their system would not exceed specified engine parameters: "Tuning boxes however, in contrast to chip tuning, do not overstep any limits, maximum safety parameters remain at the values set by the vehicle manufacturer." - http://www.speedhawk.de/uk/chiptuning/informationen-allgemein/was-ist-chiptuning

If feasible this looks like a worthwhile affordable improvement?

·
Registered
731 Posts
2.0 T5???? presume you are talking about the 1.9 PD Diesel??? Honest and frank opinion is to not waste your money on plug in tuning boxes. If you have any interest in re mapping these engines then do some research on quality tuners who can write and install a custom map for your van. In fact, to save your time just look up PENDLE PERFORMANCE. The best in the buisness in my opinion. T:T:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Just seen where you are from.... Maybe Pendle will be to much of a trek for you... I would still pursue a custom mapper over a plug in box... I:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just seen where you are from.... Maybe Pendle will be to much of a trek for you... I would still pursue a custom mapper over a plug in box... I:
Thanks Martin. I was referring to the 2.0 75kw as found in a 2010 T5 onwards. I found Koos Swanepoel Developments in Cape Town with a good reputation with Toyota 3.0 DID engines. Let's see what transpires.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also spoke to Alpine developments in Johannesburg. They have thrown as much diesel they can down a truck engine to get a 13s 1/4 mile run. They blew 3 engines in the process so know how far one can push a motor. They don't think damage could be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts