VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right a lot of the greif with the 2.5tdi is turbo related or all the that goes into making it do its thing, theres guys on here making a non turbo 2.4 turboed by using 2.5tdi parts or similar volvo parts..so my question is can you run a 2.5tdi without the n75 and other censor and 6 miles of vacume pipes , by using the same kind of set up these 2.4 guys are using this? may seem a silly question a bit pointless maybee i have a lot of problems in the past due to n75 vacume pipes low boost and turbo related issues was wondering if this was a way round it.:)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
No you can't I'm afraid your ecu needs all the gubbings to run the engine.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so would need to fit a early pump with a throttle cable which wouldnt fit and throw the ecu over the hedge, so another question would a 2.4 with a turbo be more reliable than a 2.5? they dont have the ecu and they are getting the same performance, am i talking e?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
If the 2.5 tdi is in good order it is a very reliable unit that will give many years trouble free motoring.:ILU:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what defines gd order? quess i was unlucky and got a dodgy one, theres just to much to go wrong with them they are a electrical nightmare, you cant even do a cam belt without a laptop, i wouldnt say they are reliable ive had so much hassle with mine its sorted now but iam reluctant to go anywhere init iam just waiting for that tell tell sign of lack of power and limp mode again.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
what defines gd order? quess i was unlucky and got a dodgy one, theres just to much to go wrong with them they are a electrical nightmare, you cant even do a cam belt without a laptop, i wouldnt say they are reliable ive had so much hassle with mine its sorted now but iam reluctant to go anywhere init iam just waiting for that tell tell sign of lack of power and limp mode again.
I'm afraid you will get this with any 10 year old van. - Thats why the AA sold em all.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts