VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to locate a turbo boost actuator for my 85PS 2004 engine code AXC. so far i only found a complete turbo, which would fit my van, including the actuator, which is bolted on the unit... it would be quite expensive.
first investigations indicate, that my actuator stopped moving altogether.
when i look for this part i get hundreds of hits, even down to ones fitting T4's, but none for my model. i am puzzled ?? there are universal ones, but i am not convinced and these will probably be hard to calibrate and i will probably have difficulty mounting it onto the turbo. i would be grateful for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Are you sure the fault lies with the actuator ?
The turbo issues usually centre around the moveable guide vanes getting clogged up to the point where the actuator struggles or can't move them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks CAT3, the vanes were cleaned and turbo confirmed good. when air pressure is applied to the actuator it will not move.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I have a T4, so know nothing about T5s, but I thought T4 actuators work on boost pressure, but T5 (VNT) work on vac ?
very little to go wrong with the actuator, just a diaphragm.
actuators on their own are hard to come by, e.g. no separate VW P/N, as considered part of the turbo.
having said that, ive just replaced mine, 'cos the bracket sheared, managed to find one on ebay. cheap enough so worth a punt and worked !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks campernologist, maybe i can get the lever to move again, i shall certainly try that. meanwhile, i go on ebay and try my luck as well. if nothing much can go wrong with the actuator, that would explain why i haven't come across one yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts