VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can offer turbo info for the t4.
What size / make do we have in a 2.5 tdi acv?
Can it be uprated without being changed?
What can we chang it to without affecting other components?
What other components compliment a turbo upgrade?
The sequence of upgrading in stages?
Costs?
We have a lot of info about injector changes and remapping. Can a turbo upgrade ad to his mod?
Cheers

·
6,662 Posts
Who can offer turbo info for the t4.
What size / make do we have in a 2.5 tdi acv?
Can it be uprated without being changed?
What can we chang it to without affecting other components?
What other components compliment a turbo upgrade?
The sequence of upgrading in stages?
Costs?
We have a lot of info about injector changes and remapping. Can a turbo upgrade ad to his mod?
Cheers

We left PP where it was as if you up the turbo further more serious mods will be required especially for the 88. Gearbox anbd drive train aint up to more than 160 bhp.

On the 102 the clutch and GB can take a bit more like 200 bhp but pushing it anyfurther will probably result in drive train issues.

Having said this both the AJT and ACV share a KKK K03 turbo.

From my own investigations you would need to change the manifold to accomodate any other turbo that I have enquired about. Boost control would need to be looked at too.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rake, the little I know about turbos, is that putting in a hybrid can bring a wider and more drivable range. Relating that to the tight rev range a diesel performs in, I wondered if 'better sue of the power' was a posibility.
I've noticed appreciable driving style and torque with hybriding petrol cars in the past.
Or, is there any thing that we can do the current one sitting under the bonnet?
you don't know unless you ask!

·
6,662 Posts
Too Ture Trick,

I know simon at central VW has used a hybrid on his but I am also sure that its bigger than the stock one.

It would be indeed interesting to know if anyone has done their turbo as such. Come to think of it I think Darren mk has hybridised his....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts