VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

My first Tech question!! Rasp:

my turbo pipe is shagged, swelling under boost and air is escaping out one side (squealing!) off the pipe and possible the seal ( been reading up on the site about the glorious VW paper clip system )

Forge do a replacement silicon set but not for the AXE engine code.... sorry if this has been posted already...but... what are my options...

gaffer tape and jubilee clips or give my money to a vw dealer for an OEM part?? ( is there a DIY option??)

thanks in advanced!!

·
Super Moderator
9,106 Posts
Forge don't do pipes for the axe or axd engine as i did ask when i got my intercooler but did say that they may offer a kit if enough interest. But couldnt do nothing at the time because of the racing season is starting:(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suck huh!! tried to save a few quid by going though TPS Poole but still ended up spending over a £100 for the turbo boost hose.. Ouch! they could all do with replacing but not for that sort of money...

Has given me a good chunk of my HP back though... T:

Have still got a bit of a squeal still under boost, have been reading up on the issues it could be thinking it either the turbo manifold gasket or the turbo actuator.... (not exhaust manifold, or boost pipes I think)

gets better as the engine temp goes up....defo sound like an air leak though....

Can anyone recommend a good garage (for transporters) in the Bournemouth area?

·
Super Moderator
9,106 Posts
manifold gasket leak sounds like a belt slipping when you rev it off idle:) doddle to do if you got a spare 4hrsT:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the same issue. Thought I'd blown a head gasket or turbo - only 1 minute in to journey something went pop in engine bay, sudden loss of most of the power, dropped a gear to accelerate a little and loads of black smoke.

Turns out the fat pipe on left as u look at engine that goes in to the inter-cooler had popped off. One of the luggs had half snapped.

Forge still don't supply an upgrade for the AXE engine.

About to go pick up a genuine VW hose from TPS in Brighton - 10% cheaper and turns up a day quicker than VW can do!!!

Anyone seen any upgrade kits since this post began?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've been looking for ages...

The crappy vw hoses just seem to blow off.. my van is in for a new.. bigger turbo, thus more pressure.. the big hose from the inter cooler always came off.. replaced it, still came off.. so.. i purchased a large jubilee clip and put it over the vw standard clip, tightened.. been fine for about a year now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts