VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on the van yesterday I had the turbo pipework off on my 2.5. Inside the elbows of the pipe each end were metal collars about an inch wide. They were floating freely in the elbow though so they could spin round and looked like they could then block air flow?

Are they there to keep the elbow from compressing? Have they moved and should in fact be somewhere else?

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Working on the van yesterday I had the turbo pipework off on my 2.5. Inside the elbows of the pipe each end were metal collars about an inch wide. They were floating freely in the elbow though so they could spin round and looked like they could then block air flow?

Are they there to keep the elbow from compressing? Have they moved and should in fact be somewhere else?

Cheers!
Do you feel they are the 'correct' genuine pressure hoses? The only reason I say that is people often look for a substitute when they find the originals are almost £90.00 each :eek:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99% sure they're genuine, don't think it's ever had any replacement bits.

Are these metal collars not in a genuine turbo hose scruffy?

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
99% sure they're genuine, don't think it's ever had any replacement bits.

Are these metal collars not in a genuine turbo hose scruffy?
donecan, the last time I had those hoses off was 2011, I just honestly cannot see the need for any sort of collar; these are high pressure hoses; hence the price. They are certainly not a recognised 'separate' part.

It may be that over time they have become detached from the fabric of the hose itself; someone wiser than I may have a better answer for you ;)

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,350 Posts
Inlet pipes or outlet ones?

Outlet pipes would have any re-enforcement on the OUTSIDE surely.

@scruff;
"someone wiser than I may have a better answer for you "....

Not me then!
Just my thunking on the matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts