VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took me 5h of in-car testing and googling how to turn it off and I still couldn't (2015 T5.1 Caravelle).
What happens:
- when locking the doors from keyfob (all are locked ok, dashboard shows all shut, tested all are closed and locked) the buzzer beeps 4 times. 4 long beeps. The alarm buzzer, NOT the HORN!
(apparently this is normal, but it's an option that I want turned off). If you take a normal working vehicle, but have the hood open when you go to arm the alarm, it will not beep or chirp.
  • I clearly remember this is the first thing I disabled after getting the car. I easily disabled this 1year ago from the MFI (instrument panel > Settings > ??! > turn off alarm confirmation "somewhere") - did not have VCDS back then
  • recently I disconnected the battery (working on airbags). After reconnecting it, this buzzer came back to life, but there is no menu option now to disable it again!!!! - Do you know where that would be or how to access it?
  • I saw some video for a Passat, that this option is available under "convenience" but I don't have that option now, nor remember having it. If I had it and forgot, how do I enable it again?
So far, this means > "bad" sensor (seeing a door/hood open) or "bad" coding
The doors were checked; would show in the intrument panel if improperly closed -correct?

So I turned to VCDS, Module 09 Cent. Elect. (J519)
Coding > 62F0793A0A212012002808716C2B8DD40200662F60855841320000020000
and I see these options for horn!!! (not buzzer). Am I looking in the wrong place? Where would the buzzer be(Module/Byte)?
In the long coding, I see the Horn again, in Byte 06

(as you can see, it is "inactive" , but this refers to Horn, not buzzer)

Found this guy trying to sort out something similar:
"The front doors have to be fully closed (there are two switch positions) which show up as 'Position 1' (which is the safety catch) and 'Position 2' which is fully closed. "
Checked that. Also, the hood switch F266 operation is normal according to VCDS. In "Code Helper", (byte 6 I think), also refers to Horn, not buzzer.

What am I missing? Help?!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Solved on its own after 2-3km long and fast trip through a plowed field, chasing rabbits and whatnot. No more buzzing when alarm is armed. No new error codes since last check(!!!).
New problems appeared: fridge making noises, furniture doors squeak, dents and chips of exposed metal parts on the inside... stuff to keep me busy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts