VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am new to all the fun and games that a t4 can bring (when they work). so sorry if i have also wrote this in the wrong section.
i have bought a 2000 t4 that has had an engine replacement from a 1997 1.9 tdi golf by the previous owner. it was a bit hit and miss and had a few problems so far but thanks to this forum its helped loads.
i have had it working fine previously and been driving well. the things i have replaced in the last couple of month is the starter motor and glow plugs. this was fantastic and its been working fine. a couple of weekends ago i replaced the fan belt as the previous one was super squeaky and it ran after that too. i drive it quite often and haven't had a problem till yesterday. i drove it to work and when i finished it wouldn't start. the dial lights go on and off as they should including the glow plug light. I've tried jumping it and nothing also i have tried bumping it and still nothing(thinking it was the starter motor). i have checked all the fuses in the dash and there fine. my thoughts are maybe fuel pump or a relay or anything to do with fuel getting to the engine.
is there anything i can check. i have no idea where the pump is or the relay. or fuse in that matter. i have read up that 109 really is something to do with the pump. is there a way of checking that they are still working? any information will help.

Thank you all
tom

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,121 Posts
Try running a cable from battery plus to the stop soloniod on top of the pump (or measure to see if you get 12 volts on it).
If that is closed, engine will crank but no fuel gets through.

The pump is on the front of the engine....with 4 metal pipes coming out of it. (not easy to miss...it's big!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts