VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two years I've used the One for All SV9360 Digital Indoor Aerial, it has a 45 db gain amplifier and works well.

But I wanted a better solution so I bought the Avtex STH1000 Suction Mounted Caravan TV Aerial, this is also amplified - 20dB.
However, even when the avtex aerial was mounted on the roof it performed less well than the indoor one.

So I tried the Necvox magnetic mounted aerial. I was slightly skeptical because, firstly, it's not amplified and secondly it's not very large. But Russell, at parkmyauto.co.uk offers a money back no quibble gurantee. So I bought one.

So how did it compare.......... Well, it was just as good as the One for all in identical positions and the the fact that I can have it on the roof makes it slightly better. I should point out that when the signal strength was marginal neither aerials managed a perfect picture. But, the added benefit of the Necvox is that I can leave it up there so I'm not faffing around each time I want to watch the tv.

Running the lead to the roof is straight forward -- I'm going to drill a whole and seal it off with silkaflex 292. I've used this method before and it works a treat. The mast unscrews from its base -- if ever height's a problem.

Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Vwod, cheers mate for the recommendation, I think I have just managed to warm up after the Wimbleball meet H:

Works progressing on my van, got most of my furniture in the rear now, having my RIB seat fitted early next month, so now looking at my electrics, oh and fitted a bit of the stainless bling.A:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts