Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you taz.

rite, thats it, has anybody on here used the maplin aerial and then the necvox aerial?? or the other way round????

i want to know if it IS worth payin the extra £20 ish.? and if they are differant.:)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you may just have to bite the bullet stu and buy the maplin one.............and if it is [email protected] just punt it on ebay
haha, ye, i see wot your saying but.... its getttin longwinded now but.... if i get the maplin one, then i wont and will never know if the necvox one is bettter iff you see wot im sayin???
ha, all this for an aerial,, i woz only wonderin which one to get coz.......................... i suppose i just want to buy once, but dont wanna get me hand ripped off.:D

there £15 now at maplin.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well 15 notes and it worked for me but I would like to use the other just to see I:
ha ha!! see!!! the general knows wot planet im on!:confused::D

im not gonna buy both tho just to compare, that would be about £55 ish plus p&p.

mite be worth comparing tho as there is quite abit of differance in price:ILU::ILU:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
tell you what stu......you buy the maplin one and the next time we meet ill drive over to you as im not allowed to park near you;)
then we can compare signals fella.......the only problem is one of us could be disapointed:(:(

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went through about 5 aerials before buying the necvox including the maplins one....which went straight back for a refund. I:
realy aj?? how bad woz the maplin 1??

anybody else tried both aerials?????

gonna get one soon...............I:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Just bought a nevcox one for my new van and tested it for the first time the other night.

Managed to pick up absolutely loads of stations with a really strong signal. Well worth the money in my opinion. T:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
realy aj?? how bad woz the maplin 1??

anybody else tried both aerials?????

gonna get one soon...............I:
The maplins one worked, but no better than the others i tried, a bit hit and miss, but the necvox one picked up loads of extra channels and the signal quality went up loads, they were both tested in the same place outside my house.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Just out of interest, does anyone leave the necvox one on the roof whilst driving around? Is the magnet strong enough to be left up there all the time without the fear of it falling off and smashing against the side of the van/smashing a window? :*

1 - 20 of 46 Posts