VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best ariel to use and do i need any power reduction to the tv ? any recommendations on make of TV to use?

cheers :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi there,

Can't comment on the arial, but Kogan TVs seem to be well recommended and are 12V supply

Mark

·
Registered
2,594 Posts

hi just got back from walsall bought us a alba 12volt tv for £49.00 -10% discount paid £44 in the end then went to maplins bought a 150 12 to 13 amp plug inverter £25 and i got a mag mount ariel from maplins too it works a treat and yes i can get some decent channels . ive used the ariel before and it works a treat. better than some idiot in a field trying to tune his satalite dish into the sky.lol
its the best thing turn up slap the ariel on the roof and tune in tv . while thier out in the rain .its a big argos discount outlet found it today will be back some decent stuff there . hope this helps will tell you how the new tv works out after this weekend .T:

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
hi just got back from walsall bought us a alba 12volt tv for £49.00 -10% discount paid £44 in the end then went to maplins bought a 150 12 to 13 amp plug inverter £25 and i got a mag mount ariel from maplins too it works a treat and yes i can get some decent channels . ive used the ariel before and it works a treat. better than some idiot in a field trying to tune his satalite dish into the sky.lol
its the best thing turn up slap the ariel on the roof and tune in tv . while thier out in the rain .its a big argos discount outlet found it today will be back some decent stuff there . hope this helps will tell you how the new tv works out after this weekend .T:
Good luck mateI:

·
Registered
15 Posts
can i hijack the thread and ask if anyone recommends a permanent aerial?

iv been looking at amplified 12v aerials, the ones on motorhomes that looks like a ufo, but would prefer a small antenna type if anyone knows of one??

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use a necvox ariel with a kogan tv , perfect match , the necvox is no bigger than a coke can ,it's the ariel of choice for most truckers .

·
Registered
465 Posts
We have an Avtex aerial, drives me daft,The sticker attachment that is used to keep it on the roof is useless, as soon as a bit of dirt gets on the roof it wont stick, I have to keep a rag handy and clean a patch of roof before I attach the aerial, not easy when standing on the door step holding onto the doorframe and trying to attach the thing,Am looking for an alternative as ,in my opinion its not worth the high price. Just come back from a camp site in Derbyshire and the signal was for ever breaking up despite being quite high up,so if anyone can suggest a decent aerial I would be interested too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts