VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
I'm after a tv solution that the kids can watch in the back whilst i'm driving. currently we use the mini laptop which has lots of films on that my husband has to hold on his knee. We have a pop top so not sure if it can be fitted to the roof? I've seen that some of you use ordinary tv swivwl brackets and the such like, but can you use these whilst driving? I've seen some mounted behind the drivers seat on the seatbelt pillar, but my unit is there with the smev cooker with glass lid, so not an ideal location....

Interested to find out if/how you use yours when driving?

any ideas?

thanks in advance,
kathy T:

·
Registered
560 Posts
this is what i did in my Estima so might give you an idea and i used a normal wall mount bracket for flat screens

was mounted on the rear as normal then screwed through the box to house it all in, included was two sets of component speakers and a power cap and two cut outs at the bottom to store things in, all lit up with blue neons and a power invertor too

sounds tacky but it worked great and looked superb at night

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had a small flip down fitted to the underside of the pop top in our pervious bus. one small hole drilled for the power and audio cable and jobs a goodun

Fitted by stereosteve

John r

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Can children not go anywhere thesedays without looking at a flatscreen ? :*

Have you shown then those strange things called windows ? I:

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a small flip down fitted to the underside of the pop top in our pervious bus. one small hole drilled for the power and audio cable and jobs a goodun

Fitted by stereosteve

John r

Hi john...

Do u mind me asking where you sourced that TV... Just what I'm after... Looks like it has DVD on it too?

Thanms

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hi john...

Do u mind me asking where you sourced that TV... Just what I'm after... Looks like it has DVD on it too?

Thanms
it was a veba monitor/dvd, their new models just look like all the other flip downs, but this was a nice design and there is one brand new one on Ebay at the moment from the people i bought mine from (as recommended by stereosteve). I used the fm audio output from the unit to the head unit which in my bus was fine.

John R

1 - 17 of 17 Posts