VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Anyone got any good ideas for a relatively cheap tv setup for me van for freeview and dvd? also aerial options as want to avoid stickiing one out the van on the roof when parked up if pos

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry if im being thick but me and electrics dont go lol

But with the normal LCD TV's from the shops that say they run of 12v is it just a case of sticking a 12v plug type/cigarette lighter style in place of the normal 3 pin mains plug

Nick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone help on this, Im stuck whether to pay extra for a proper 12v LCD TV ive seen on Ebay or just going to Tesco and getting a normal lcd from the shops that works of 12v is it that simple?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Can anyone help on this, Im stuck whether to pay extra for a proper 12v LCD TV ive seen on Ebay or just going to Tesco and getting a normal lcd from the shops that works of 12v is it that simple?
Yes, It's that simple. Just make sure that the power cable has a transformer that reduces the 240v mains to 12v and your sorted. Just go to Tesco and check the cables on the tv's.T:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I dont think you can just replace the 3 pin 240 plug with a 12v plug, you would have to cut it off after the transformer. or an easier option is to get a 12v lead with various different connectors from maplins, but be sure to note the polarity of the pos and neg of the pin going into tv which is normally shown on original powerpack or rear of tv.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts