VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

im looking to start kitting my t4 out and as i've got twin sliding doors i'm lacking ideas has anyone else got a twin slider and what sort of things did you do photos or links would be good

thanks

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
i havent converted mine but ideas on here have been

putting a unit directly behind the front seats ,along the width of the van.

which means you cant swivel them around .

putting a unit behind the drivers seat,along the length of the van, blocking off the offside siding door,but with the added bonus you can access the back of the unit for electrics ,gas bottle.fridge maintenance or waste water container removal
hope this gives you a starting point.

have a scan of build threads and see what ones are twin sliders i cant remember offhand sorry.

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi all

im looking to start kitting my t4 out and as i've got twin sliding doors i'm lacking ideas has anyone else got a twin slider and what sort of things did you do photos or links would be good

thanks
Did you get any joy with this.Thinking of buying a twin slider myself and wondering what can be done

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I have a Twin Slider.

Spent months looking through threads to inspire me but eventually Went down the usual conversion route with cupboards down one side. I used the footwell on the offside slider to wide all my Electrics and Hook up kit.

one bonus is that i can use the space under the units to store chocks, screen covers etc and I'm planning to put a hinged door on the back of the main unit so I can access them from outside or when the bed in down.

Guy

·
Registered
486 Posts
hi m8
mines a twin slider
have a look pic.s in my profile
we do all are cooking in the drive away awning so the van dont stink
it works out and well sweat when it hot open both doors
hope it helps m8
nice one
pittsy T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey mate, jus wondering did u get your cupboards custom made? We've got twin doors and trying to decide what to do as we don't want to lose the access

1 - 8 of 8 Posts