VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just grafted my new exhaust onto the van, just wanting to get your feedback really, am toying with the idea of fabricating more of these but depends if anyone would want to go down this route, van is only a 1.9d but now sounds like a petrol big lump.... but not too stupid

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks a really tidy job, did you do this yourself, if so, very impressive:ILU:
hi isobelle, yes did this at work during dinner (well several dinners) mechanic by trade and for my sins... but good job to be in if van/car goes up the s:*t

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it any different for a T5 Mr Chunder?
hi had alook at T5 my worst thoughts are that one pipe will be longer than the other, however am looking at bringing the exhaust further into the middle of the van just after middle silencer, this will then give a more equal pipe length.... bit more work to be going on with....

THESE EXHAUSTS WOULD BE SUPPLIED IN A KIT FORM ie; y piece, two lengths of pipe and clamps, with all instructions all you need to do is to drill two holes for right hand exhaust hanger..

·
Registered
682 Posts
I really like the look of this. My 2.5 petrol should sound nice T:

Any ideas on cost etc? :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I need a pipe to go between the mild steel 2.4d silencer and the new stainless back box. I was going to go to SCA but would rather give some money to you if you could do it! What do you recon?
would be able to do it had my pipe bender not gone up the s:*t.... only a month old waiting for a replacement, has your rear box got a straight pipe going into it or bent???
pipe bore size would be good to know, take it you want it in mildsteel??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That looks a good job well done A:. what size pipe did you use ,
used 54mm outer diameter pipe which gives a 51mm inner just right to sit over middle section

will work out costing today, obviously will cost stainless as well for those racing types!!!!!!

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
would be able to do it had my pipe bender not gone up the s:*t.... only a month old waiting for a replacement, has your rear box got a straight pipe going into it or bent???
pipe bore size would be good to know, take it you want it in mildsteel??
Its a stainless steel universal twin exit rear box with a straight inlet. I would like to have stainless steel if its possible so then the only part i will ever need to replace is the downpipe and the front section. Where abouts are you based bud?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its a stainless steel universal twin exit rear box with a straight inlet. I would like to have stainless steel if its possible so then the only part i will ever need to replace is the downpipe and the front section. Where abouts are you based bud?
live at happisburgh and work in wroxham next to broads hotel, would probably be best to look at it first to get right angles size etc, how soon do you want it doing???

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Depends on the price (just had to have a new head) it would be nice to get her a bit quieter especially as the engine now sounds so sweeeeet. I'm off Tuesday until Friday if you fancy meeting up? i can get to Happisburgh fairly easily!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts