VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who is twittering on here then. I tried a few time but couldn't get my head around it but now i got the hang is it its epic! Has the forum got a twitter?

I know some people think its just another load of social network rubbish. For me its a great way to keep people up to date with what we are doing. Shop demo days, new products, special offers etc. Its also a great way to show pics and of what you are doing or done to your vans. if you have a iphone there is some great apps for mobile image uploads for twitter pics etc. :ILU:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've tried to get my hed round it lots of times.... I can't see any real use for it apart from what you've just discribed! perfect for you... but I can't think of anything I want to subscribe to!? :confused: I think the word fad springs to mind.... I'm probably wrong :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Coffee. Walked dog. Eat sandwich. Cuddled baby. Goin Surfin. Do other peepz care about the sh*t i do?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Coffee. Walked dog. Eat sandwich. Cuddled baby. Goin Surfin. Do other peepz care about the sh*t i do?
Some people seem to think they ARE that important ;)
One life... live it! (Or stay in, and update your various 'social' networking items.... Rasp:)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Some do, I got mates and family across the UK and Australia, we send tweets all day, its a laugh, and Reverend Runs daily wisdom is always worth a read.

More importantly I keep my clients updated not to mention adding Added Value to website SEO. It's not for everybody but anyone in business with even a hint of an online prescence should try to get there head round it or miss the boat, it is here to stay for a while, think of it like an extention of your news page, but if you got nothing to say, I run a couple of online shops as a bit of side fun, any special offers, tweet em, when I launch a new client site, I tweet it, If I here new news from Google or the like, I let people know, simple. :)

Plus I tweet from my mobile, takes seconds, could be useful for Group meets etc, these days nothing has you locked to your desktop, embrace the 21st century, One life live it yes, Good surf, tweet it saves phone calls!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I recently drove an 84 mile round trip to miss a meet in Poole as I was an hour late, but those there decided to move the meet a mile down the road to a car park with more shelter, I got there all gone, a quick tweet would have taken 20 seconds of someones life on a blackberry and me and who knows how many others would have had a good night and a BBQ. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I totally agree.

my family are now on tweeting. I have 2 children and mobile tweeting via tweetie on the iphone is a great way to sharing what they are doing. My 5 week olds first smile....His grandma gets to see a picture of it within seconds of it happening.

like you say about the surf. You get to the beach and the surf is great, tweet a quick pic so your mates can see it worth heading down.
Plus like you say it is great for business and website SEO.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
You get to the beach and the surf is great, tweet a quick pic so your mates can see it worth heading down.
F that.. why get more peepz in the water?? Surfs pumping.. tell no-one

Hangin out on this geeky van forum is bad enough.. tweeting is effin sadder.
I bet peepz that watch Big brother also like broadcasting their humdrum lives to
the other sadwits that read that ****. Learn to write a letter and send your gran
some pictures of your baby smiling.. way cooler to get a handwritten letter delivered with photos and a personal message from your loved ones.. .. But if you really feel the need, why not just phone her at 3 am and let her know what colour the baby's poo is.

Peepz spend way to much time glued to flat screens and staring at stupid little phones just incase someone sent them a message... get out and spend some real time together with your family.. go visit your gran, take the family to the beach.. just leave your goddam
blueberry at home

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
F that.. why get more peepz in the water?? Surfs pumping.. tell no-one

Hangin out on this geeky van forum is bad enough.. tweeting is effin sadder.
I bet peepz that watch Big brother also like broadcasting their humdrum lives to
the other sadwits that read that ****. Learn to write a letter and send your gran
some pictures of your baby smiling.. way cooler to get a handwritten letter delivered with photos and a personal message from your loved ones.. .. But if you really feel the need, why not just phone her at 3 am and let her know what colour the baby's poo is.

Peepz spend way to much time glued to flat screens and staring at stupid little phones just incase someone sent them a message... get out and spend some real time together with your family.. go visit your gran, take the family to the beach.. just leave your goddam
blueberry at home
WOW!!!!!! Mr Cloudnine take a Breath and Chill I: I mean Easy Tigger and it's a Blackberry not Blueberry LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
920 Posts
LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

Nope as has been said its not for everyone. ;)

I enjoy surfing with a few friends (not alone) and a quick tweet works wonders, unless of every surfer and of course that 1000+ friends turn up from all over the country at the same time because of one little message. :eek:

For those who have just moved from an 8 track to a cassette deck in their vans, there is such a thing as a CD and I won't scare you with trying to explain an Mp3, I can understand why accepting progress is difficult, hey we all have necks and can look the other way most of the time.

As Ferris said "Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and take a look around once in a while, you could miss it. " the future is for embracing, otherwise you'd be living in a cave and moaning a Type 2 is slow!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I am chilled about it.. just don't see why peepz spend their lives communicating through little blue screens every few minutes.. refreshing their inbox and seeing what **** is going down

I have very little free time as it is.. why waste more of it staring at some boring little screen reading how some other retard is wasting their day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts