VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The school run is killing my camper...

Seriously, parked outside school two days in a row to drop the kids off (we live over 5 miles away from our prefered school) only to return to find the driver's mirror on the floor all smashed up - an expensive business.:eek:

By the way we sold the Touran, that's why the camper is being used and abused - we've just bought a Seat Leon - picking that up this Saturday (can't wait to get the camper back) :D...

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Know what you mean about school run. My camper is my everyday vehicle and, although most of the time we walk to school, when I do use the van I am paranoid about leaving it open to parking abuse by some of the less skilled driving of some parents:eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
When leaving ours in restricted places I push the mirror on the 'outside' back - they then lock in that position until you release them with the red lever. Bit of a pain, but save a lot of replacing....

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
I usually fold mirror back as well although it does feel like you are going to break it as they are pretty stiff

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have to fold mine back every day and never had any problems. You do get use to the horrible 'Ive snapped something:eek:' noise after a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have to fold mine back every day and never had any problems. You do get use to the horrible 'Ive snapped something:eek:' noise after a while.
Agree, first time I folded them back I thought I'd broken them. Also care when letting them back, I can see fingers getting severed!!:eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always fold the road side mirror in as they stick out so much.
The loud noise is off putting at first but it's better than the mirror being on the floor :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts