VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anybody could help?
Firstly my fan control for my pre 96 has been intermittent for a while , working on and off but I've been able to push the speed knob ain and it starts most of the time. Recently it only works when I press and hold the dial, as soon as I let go it cuts out, which makes me believe its a bad connection? I've taken it off and cleaned with contact cleaner and silicon gel and it's still not working properly. Could it be the copper connector is knackered , and if so does anybody know where I could get a replacement ?
Also my windscreen jets on my passenger side have pretty much stopped working and only a dribble comes out. I've tried cleaning them with a pin but to no avail. I've always been a bit disappointed with the overall power of the pump for them and was wondering firstly how I'd go about checking/ fixing them and if anybody has replaced the washer pump with anything more powerful and how big of a job would it be to get to or replace?
Sorry for all the questions , I'm sure the answers are pretty straight forward but I can't seem to find them on the forum.
Regards Dave

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
hi, re fan speeds, I had this on mine last year; took it apart and cleaned it etc, but couldn't get it right. Bought a new one £7! works fine now A:

re washers, my pump and jets are fine 20 years on, I'd suggest dismantling the faulty jet. I understand Bio washing powder can clean the tubes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts