VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive got a 06 plate t5 1.9tdi 105hp and ive got really poor fuel economy currently getting about 400 miles from a full tank! i heard from a mate that it could be a faulty temperature sensor on the thermostat housing, so i changed it but still no luck! so if any of you lot have got any ideas it would be helpful, also it would be helpful to know what kind of milage i should be getting out of a full tank.

thanks
]

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Is that a "fully brimmed tank down to an actual empty tank" or a "full to till the pump cuts out & empty till the light comes on" or a combination ? - what is the actual mpg you are getting ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi all, i have a 174bhp when i drive around town i get 400 miles to a tank ( brimmed to fuel light ) and that works out to 25mpg :eek: i had a free flow exhaust fitted testerday and im off to Pendle Performance next Sat to have a re-map :D so will let ya know if i get any gains, i drive the van with fuel consumption in mind, not like granny smith but not hot footing it everywhere.

Kerm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys, ive got a 06 plate t5 1.9tdi 105hp and ive got really poor fuel economy currently getting about 400 miles from a full tank! i heard from a mate that it could be a faulty temperature sensor on the thermostat housing, so i changed it but still no luck! so if any of you lot have got any ideas it would be helpful, also it would be helpful to know what kind of milage i should be getting out of a full tank.

thanks
]
Since havin mine remapped my fuel economy isn't good am working on about 12.00 to do 50 miles I don't know what that works out at mpg wise but thought i might get better fuel economy :confused:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Hi all, i have a 174bhp when i drive around town i get 400 miles to a tank ( brimmed to fuel light ) and that works out to 25mpg :eek: i had a free flow exhaust fitted testerday and im off to Pendle Performance next Sat to have a re-map :D so will let ya know if i get any gains, i drive the van with fuel consumption in mind, not like granny smith but not hot footing it everywhere.

Kerm
Where did you get the exhaust from please ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The exhaust came from pro flow in Dudley, Dev the lad that did it worked his c''k off 4 1/2hrs later :D, one thing thats on my mind though, it is supposed to be a cat back system and they left about a metre of the mid section on, but they look great and are nice n quiet

·
Registered
39 Posts
i got a 55plate 1.9 on 102k miles and been re-mapped to 104bhp and back and fro work im averaging about 35mpg hope this helps

·
Registered
625 Posts
My 57 plate 1.9 104 best has been 560 miles but thats driving normal. The adv is working out at about 500 miles to the tank. which isnt too bad really.
I do hope to have it remapped at some point for better fuel comsuption.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Around 600 here. But, this is driving with air con half of the time. 1.9 TDI, 'Pendled' from 102 to 143 bhp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just had new turbo and manifold fitted prior to this iwas getting around 450miles per tank with a cracked manifold now iam getting around 300 after new gere went on its a 2.5 130 mapped giac software mechanic says everything is correct thanks big ern

1 - 15 of 15 Posts