VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above went to a motor factors to buy some front brake pads to my surprise there are three sets to fit my van unsure which onesthey were the guy said if i could take a tracing around one of the pads so he could work out whitch ones fit would be a help to him :eek:any ideas guys sounds like a lot of messing to find out to me :confused:
25 TDI swb vented disc

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
girling or lucas calipers and diameter of disc are the differing factors.
their is a code on the fusebox label that identifies the front drake type (if i remember rightly)..
alternatively get them from VW based upon your registration as their system will known whats needed on your van. Think i paid about £55 for front pads on my ex-AA.

nik

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Actually, saw this...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but my mate's just replaced pads front and back on his and they were:

Front Pads: 7D0 698 151 C - £55 + VAT
Rear Pads: 7D0 698 451 J - £52 + VAT

Bear in mind that there are uprated brakes on the front (in your Service Schedule you should have the PR code 1LE which should mean the front pads listed above are correct).

From the diagrams it appears that the part nos. for the discs are:

Front: 7D0 615 301 C
Rear: 7D0 615 601

Please double-check these before ordering, though. The dealer should be able to tell you, from the chassis no. although you may need to 'remind' them about the uprated front brakes!

HTH.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
could be either girling or lucas as mentioned to get it right either get a workshop manual and identify the calipers you have or as the guy said take a pad out and do the tracing.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did mine today had choice of three different types of pads the ones that fitted were of a petrol v6 according to the supplier these are square with two holes in the top for the pins to locate in the pads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts