VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone sent tyres recently? i need to get a courier to collect 4 tyres for me, without the hassle of boxing them up preferabl, last time I posted some tyres I cable tied 2 together and posted them in pairs, can’t remember who it was with though, but no need to wrap/box them up.

the guy I have bought them off has said he can stick them on a pallet for me, but trying to keep costs down, so I presume a pallet service would cost a fair bit more.

cheers

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Evening,

I have wrapped wheels up with bin bags, hermes and parcel force take them happily.
I prefer parcel force, more reliable than hermes. Could try Shipley too, a comparison website for couriers that can be quite good.

Where are they going from/to?
Cheers

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, That’s good to hear, so I guess as long as there covered up and have a label on, those 2 are happy to take, I will have a look at Shipley also, rings a bell that one, they are getting collected from Hampshire To lancashire, ( Blackburn )

i seem to remember the prices being around £30-35 from memory, but that was me dropping off at the depo, I’d need them collecting, so might be looking at £50 or so I guess.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking like it’s a pallet job due to the size of the tyres, £52 quid through Shipley, cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
We ship stuff out all the time. The tyres will go down as ugly freight as they don’t really fit into their standard box dimensions etc. They will also weigh a bit so I’d suggest a pallet is the only / safest way to go.

Around £50 for an ugly pallet is where it needs to be.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We ship stuff out all the time. The tyres will go down as ugly freight as they don’t really fit into their standard box dimensions etc. They will also weigh a bit so I’d suggest a pallet is the only / safest way to go.

Around £50 for an ugly pallet is where it needs to be.
I ended up paying £46 through a company called speedshift, then decided to look at there reviews!

Not good! Fingers crossed they land.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts