VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have just put new 16" alloys on my van, these are fitted with 195/65R16C tyres.

Now clearly the tyre pressures shown on the drivers door frame are for the OEM wheels & rubber, so is there some way of finding out the correct tyre pressures for my new wheels.

I seem to recall there was some formula to use, but I am flipped if I can remember it now.

Cheers,

Kev

·
Registered
493 Posts
You could try running at the pressures stated on the OEM plate, and adjust according to handling, comfort or loading as you drive and get used to the new sizesT: My van originally came with 195.70.15 on steels. pressures listed were max 3.0 bar front and 3.4 bar rear (sorry just used to reading pressures in bar). I now have alloys with 225.70.15, and have the same pressures as before. I did try them at a lower setting, but did not like the handling., it's a Syncro. It's not a converted van, but a daily driver.

·
Registered
724 Posts
As you have commercial rated tyres running the same pressures will be fine, the rim size of the tyre does not affect pressures, the van load, tyre type might change what you need to run.

I find going a bit under the stated pressures is good for me. As I am not fully loaded this is not an issue and feels more comfortable. 51/57 psi is for a fully laden van and mine is never fully laden, usually run around 42-45psi front and back I think when my old steels are on. With your high top and conversion may need to go a bit higher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts