VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excse the ignorant question. I am looking at getting new wheels. The three companies I am looking at the same wheel with suggest three differant tyre sizes 225, 235 and 245. Why is this and which is best. The wheel is the Auctec E 17inch.

Thnaks

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Peter. Just getting confused with tyre size. Good news is I have found a wheel that I like.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Will be max LI 98 if I am not much mistaken
Personally I`d go 235 :)
U know what U need to get Ed T:
yes i agree with the load rating...but the 225 50 17 will keep you rolling radius and speedo pretty much spot on...0.4% out...the bigger tyre widths will put your speedo out more....

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Well Simon, that would be assuming it is correct in the first place LOL: If it becomes an issue on the long run it could be adjusted:)
Jokes aside, Projekt Zwo released their 17" with 235`s which to me provide a very fine overall balance
IMO we have all raised a few vital points to Ed, eventually he will make an informed choiceA:T:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys. I take it all on board. No doubt I will change my mind about which wheels to go for again anyway. It sounds as though I might just be able to put a larger trye on my 16inch vortex and I might get the look I am after. Currently on a 195 width could I go up to a 205.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts