VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I need help peoples, I know this is a tricky subject as it's largely personal preferance but I thought I'd ask anyways.
I currently have 20" alloys with 255/35r20 tyres fitted sat on standard springs but two tyres need replacing. I want to put some lowering springs on so am thinkin about changing all the tyres to something less rubber bandy so the ride stays as smooth as poss, basicly what size tyres do u recommend??? I'm prob gonna fit h&r springs.
Also if any1 knows of any good tyre suppliers in the Hampshire Wiltshire area that would be great, I hav friends who can fit em if it's worth the saving!!!

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
640 Posts

Im running 255/45/20 105v xl, unlowered so when I do lower with 40/50mm springs later this year she will look sweet T:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I thought it's just gonna be a mind field of different tyres, I might fit the h&rs first then decide

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep that does look sweet, tyres are fairly similar size to what's on my van now, what suspension are u rocking????

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have been on Hankook Ventus 275 40 20 for over 8 years, now on coilovers on one van and Sportline Eibachs on the other van, no problem.

Nip and see the lads in Tyreland in Salisbury £165 each fitted. They're in Churchfields

The first 4 I managed 40,000 miles out of the front axle and 44,000 miles out of the rears. And it was a well loaded work van then.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yep that does look sweet, tyres are fairly similar size to what's on my van now, what suspension are u rocking????

Stock Caravelle suspension, which I believe is approx 20mm lower than other models. Am thinking of some H&R's which will drop it another 20mm T:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good my mate works at vtec garage on churchfields n it's prity standard for him to get discount at tyreland so that could be the place for me!! My wheels are only 8.5 wide so I'm thinkin 245/40-20 n h&r spings should do the job

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have 8.5 on one van (look perfect) and 8" one the other, both with 275 40 20, loads of protection for the rims if you're a kerb magnet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts