VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where or if anyone part exchange tyres, I want to change my 255/35/20 97w for 275/40/20 as I don't think they're the correct size, any ideas? As I'm new to the T5 world:confused:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Don't know of anywhere to get those part worns, maybe try Ebay but with the nearest distance option ?
I'm running 255/35/20 tyres on my Stormers, no problems other than the alloy sits slightly proud of the tyre so kerbs easier, you can get tyres with a rubber kerb edge on them tho so they protect the rim a little more in that size, i think Triangle was a brand that did them iirc, ignore the trolls that say you need branded tyres like pirelli or bridgestone etc, unless you drive it like a hot hatch they are not needed so save a few quid, i have roadstone tyres on mine and do on the odd occasion "put my foot down" and not just in a striaght line either I: I: there are a few threads about the 275/40/20 tyre sizes,mostly advising they are ok but some find they rub on full lock, as long as you dont spend too much time going around in circles on full lock i assume they will be fine LOL:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Avoid Triangle tyres like the plague if you want to keep your pride and joy in one piece.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts