VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

U Shape Seat Layout - How to fit seat belts

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bobley 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Those layouts aren't meant for rear seat passenger carrying. My folks have a Globecar camper with a U shaped lounge but it has no rear belts so they take their Fiesta with them when they have the grandchilden (today actually).

Side facing seats dont have seat belts legally as you'll flap side so side and have worse injuries probably - although I did once fit a lap belt to one in an emergency...it wasn't pretty.

The (semi) forward facing seats aren't going to be great either as the back rest is too low and you'll whiplash back over it and smash your head on the back door. Also you'll be in trouble if you're hit from the back. Meanwhile.. on a practical note you'll just have to fit a 2" heavy section box steel across the back of the seat frame to hold the seat buckle sections. I would only use these seats for passengers in an emergency.

For bits and pieces Jackson Leisure are very useful... (just waiting for a new Dometic hob to arrive today)

http://www.jacksonsleisure.com/caravan-motorhome/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.