VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Sorry if this is covered anywhere else but couldn't find anything on a search...anyway....

My rocknroll bed leg somehow has ripped a meaty tear in my (clearly not very good) floor vinyl. It's all buckled and bashed so glueing it back down and hoping it doesn't look too rubbish is probably not an option.

Has anyone got any good suggestions on how to change the flooring - given that the furniture and bed are already in? Am I going to have to take everything out?!

I wondered about slicing it off round the edges and replacing with some flooring the same thickness but I suspect this might look .

(Regretting not getting the pricier safety flooring now......)

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Unfortunately....what he saidI:.

I learned this the hard way about 6 years ago when one of my customers did this to a floor I fitted in Dartmoor. I had to travel down and refit a new floor.
To save hassle now, carefully cut out the floor covering tight to the units. Then use that as a template to cut a piece of harder wearing flooring to size (cutting something like altro tight to the units will not be easy).
Now would be a good time to file a few mm off the offending leg on the bed. Depending on what type it is, the leg should ideally glide over the floor by a few mm and then when you get on the bed it touches and supports the weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, confirmed my thoughts!

Problem I think we have is Altro is lower profile than the existing vinyl but will see.....

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
We always seal round our floor / units with a thin bead of scilicone. If you used a suitable colour with a small 3mm bead, it would still hide a newly laid floor if it was scribed fairly well.
Possibly consider taking out the bed, but taking out the units aas well would probably be a massive job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts