1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since ive bought my T4 ive wanted summit to doodle with of a night when im away
So as a spur of the moment purchase i bought a ukulele :*

Anyone on here play?

Wanna reccomend some good starting points?

Or it'll end up nailed to the inside as a curiosity :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jus a brunswick soprano that was on a deal with a case from windows up at the metrocentre :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
cool - good choice :)

I got the youngest (then 3yrs) a mahalo(sp?) cheapie from ebay a few years ago as a toy nut found i just couldn't put it down...so got a 30's formby resonator type which is ok but sounded a bit harsh to my ears due to the metal strings so then got a kala concert (which cost me more than i wanted to spend... but is really nice)... and then built the cigar as a general player i could leave around the house and not worry if the kids got hold of it.

as for sources ukuleleunderground is quite good and i have a fair few others bookmarked on my works comp. though to be honest youtube is full of uke stuff - just type in ukulele tutorial and fill your boots up.

happy uke'n :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers!
Im still unsure of the tuning but im getting there lol

Been on the tube a canny bit and just gonna sit and draw out all my chords to torture my crew mate on night shift LOL:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
no i dont play but
the iss tribe and carla went to ullswater 3 weeks ago and right opposite us there was a chinese family camping "not kidding "and the lad "about 16" had one and was up till late playing it around the fire we all sat up with a beer,
its just a quality unique sound and sitting around a fire it was way cool

·
Registered
725 Posts
There were a couple of people on BBC Breakfast this morning (didn't catch their names!) and she said you can take the saddest tune/song in the world, but as soon as you play it on a uke it sounds happy!!

My grand-dad used to play a uke - happy days!! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts