VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I bought a kit & did it myself.
Someone has to keep their foot on the gas & hold the rpm on boost while you spray a litre of cleaner into the air intake.
Did this after blanking the EGR (which is responsible for chucking gunk bank into the plenum chamber bit. Mine was full of sticky gunk.
Had to take it off of de gunk it.
Shouldn’t happen again with an egr blank if it’s the intake side of the turbo.
Always running it on premium fuel helps too.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I bought a kit & did it myself.
Someone has to keep their foot on the gas & hold the rpm on boost while you spray a litre of cleaner into the air intake.
Did this after blanking the EGR (which is responsible for chucking gunk bank into the plenum chamber bit. Mine was full of sticky gunk.
Had to take it off of de gunk it.
Shouldn’t happen again with an egr blank if it’s the intake side of the turbo.
Always running it on premium fuel helps too.
fingers crossed cleaning works and i'm not wasting £100

Cheers for tip on fuel, Kenny at Ecosse Tuning said the same

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Home two and a half thousand miles through England, France , Switzerland and Germany van was faultless

Switzerland was spectacular!!!

Some shots from the trip

Finished it off at mighty dub fest Alnwick castle

Minor run in with a low bridge in chamonix, not vans fault all mine :bhd:bhd so that’s the next job

Gaffer tape fixes everything :)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Recent hot weather we noticed no air coming from the centre vents, so got a replacement cable and while I have the dash apart a usb button outlet for the stereo

Was really fiddly few extra cables behind the dash for the motorhome stuff makes it super tight

Still not 100% happy with it feels a bit tight when turning, but works

All back together

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Your trip looked great T:

Looking forward to getting over and doing some touring around europe during winter .

Saw another really nice sandhurst last week :cool:

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,051 Posts
Looks like a great trip there T:

We might have met at the Alnwick Castle Festival? I was there with my stand between a guy selling sweeties and the Glamping Awning people. You going to Redcar (VolksPower) this coming weekend?

PS. With the vent control, avoid going between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions - that tends to wind up the cable (later controls made it impossible to do so but still didn't stop the inevitable fault though)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Looks like a great trip there T:

We might have met at the Alnwick Castle Festival? I was there with my stand between a guy selling sweeties and the Glamping Awning people. You going to Redcar (VolksPower) this coming weekend?

PS. With the vent control, avoid going between 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions - that tends to wind up the cable (later controls made it impossible to do so but still didn't stop the inevitable fault though)
Pop’d in to your stall at alnwick but you were busy chatting, quiet weekend this weekend recovering from camperjam,

then we’re off to gairloch for a long weekend the week after, next festival booked is blackpool breeze, not been to this one before so looking forward to it

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Your trip looked great T:

Looking forward to getting over and doing some touring around europe during winter .

Saw another really nice sandhurst last week :cool:
Loved Switzerland can’t recommend it enough

We passed another one on the Swiss/France border, we were waving like mad folk that was the only one we had seen till camperjam at the weekend, one parked down next to the stalls with a sweet Karmann, nice fellas gave us a tour round there vans

We reakon there was around 40 ish made so 3 down 37 to go :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
wow! looks a fantastic motor! i bet you're well pleased with that.. pig in poo to put it politely. I bet you smile every time you drive it A:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning, just read your whole thread with interest as I'm away to view a Sandhurst tomorrow afternoon.

Strange thing is though it's based on a 2011 T5.1, so it's a 2.0L 102bhp, which I'm hoping it's not gutless, and the weaker 5 speed box rather than the 6 speed.

The interior trim is slightly different too, with the upholstery being full single colour tan leather, and no fake wood on the dash, but also, it looks like no air con either unfortunately.

Externally the stickers are totally different and there's not a single autosleeper badge anywhere, except maybe the oval badge on the rear panel but it's hard to see in the dealers pictures.

The other thing that I'm concerned about is that I can't see any loose cushions for the interior, the round roll ones, or the extra ones for the bed.

I've joined and posted on the autosleepers group, and think I might try and contact autosleeper themselves today to find out how there's a 2011 Sandhurst out there.

I'll see what happens when I view it tomorrow, as you know there's not many out there, and including this one I can only find 3 for sale atm, another one not too far from me at Cleveland motors homes, and there third on gumtree up past your way at Coupar.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Morning, just read your whole thread with interest as I'm away to view a Sandhurst tomorrow afternoon.

Strange thing is though it's based on a 2011 T5.1, so it's a 2.0L 102bhp, which I'm hoping it's not gutless, and the weaker 5 speed box rather than the 6 speed.

The interior trim is slightly different too, with the upholstery being full single colour tan leather, and no fake wood on the dash, but also, it looks like no air con either unfortunately.

Externally the stickers are totally different and there's not a single autosleeper badge anywhere, except maybe the oval badge on the rear panel but it's hard to see in the dealers pictures.

The other thing that I'm concerned about is that I can't see any loose cushions for the interior, the round roll ones, or the extra ones for the bed.

I've joined and posted on the autosleepers group, and think I might try and contact autosleeper themselves today to find out how there's a 2011 Sandhurst out there.

I'll see what happens when I view it tomorrow, as you know there's not many out there, and including this one I can only find 3 for sale atm, another one not too far from me at Cleveland motors homes, and there third on gumtree up past your way at Coupar.

Sorry mate, don't GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a ringer made up of two vans, probably a crashed autosleeper, poorly put together, nothing lines up

Lots of info on the coachbuilt collective facebook and the sandhurst autosleeper pages

Hope you see this message before you waste your time

41 - 60 of 110 Posts