VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes mate, you've confirmed my suspicious.

Think I'll still go and see it, and then view the one down at Cleveland motor homes next

Thanks for getting back to me

Rob

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
For interest's sake, go to DoneDeal.ie or DoneDeal.co.uk and search Campers with the term Sandhurst.

It's a UK vehicle and a Trade sale priced in Sterling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry mate, don't GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a ringer made up of two vans, probably a crashed autosleeper, poorly put together, nothing lines up

Lots of info on the coachbuilt collective facebook and the sandhurst autosleeper pages

Hope you see this message before you waste your time
I too was going to look at that one. Its a 61 Plate with blue decals on the side.

Something just didnt ring true with it.

Glad I had second thoughts now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
theres a few options for bed

It came with extra cushions for two singles or one massive bed or the traditional king size think we will stick with the traditional king size so we don’t need to carry the extra cushions

Hi Tom, just got myself a Sandhurst and will be mirroring a few of your mods soon ;-)

Don't suppose you want to sell the single bed cushions do you - only me and the daughter go and she's getting a bit old to share now. If not, can you show me a pic or two and have you any idea where I can them from?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hi Tom, just got myself a Sandhurst and will be mirroring a few of your mods soon ;-)

Don't suppose you want to sell the single bed cushions do you - only me and the daughter go and she's getting a bit old to share now. If not, can you show me a pic or two and have you any idea where I can them from?
Thanks

Welcome to the club, wasn't looking to sell the cushions, handy to have if I ever sell the van. Unless the offer was to good to refuse ;)

But if you can wait till the weekend will go up the loft and take some pics and measurements

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the club, wasn't looking to sell the cushions, handy to have if I ever sell the van. Unless the offer was to good to refuse ;)

But if you can wait till the weekend will go up the loft and take some pics and measurements
I have no idea whatsoever what these are worth - can you PM me with what you'd class as too good to refuse ;-)

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I have no idea whatsoever what these are worth - can you PM me with what you'd class as too good to refuse ;-)
Here is extra cushion dimensions and details for anyone that may need them

Excuse the standard of the drawing was pushed for time

2 of each cushion is required

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Tom,
I've recently bought a Sandhurst and loving it !.
I'm intending to replace the roof vents as you did , are they standard mini Heki lights also what thickness are they?.
Any tips you could give me on fitting would be much appreciated ,
Best regards,
Gordon.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Hi Tom,
I've recently bought a Sandhurst and loving it !.
I'm intending to replace the roof vents as you did , are they standard mini Heki lights also what thickness are they?.
Any tips you could give me on fitting would be much appreciated ,
Best regards,
Gordon.
Hi Gordon

Welcome to the club

I didn't fit mines but I know they are the standard 400x400 heki to suit a roof thickness of 26mm

The internal frame will need trimming and you may need to move the bathroom light slightly

It's worth doing they are far superior to the original mpk's

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
So gear knob was looking tatty and the leather gaiter was burst

So removed it

Now couldn't find any info on how to do this any where so this may help some one

Place in park
Use trim tool to prize surround free from dash
Disconnect two plugs
Pull chrome selector cap off
Pull switch under chrome selector till it clicks
Pull leather gaiter up until you see a oclip, remove the oclip
Separate plastic grip and pull gear selector free
Reverse to refit

Nice and new

Coming along slowly but getting there, next some chrome rings for the clocks in the cluster then a new shiney steering wheel

Here's where it was

61 - 80 of 92 Posts