VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new front tyre fitted 18 months ago that has gone bald from the centre out (one side as new one side illegal).
Took it in for a new tyre and asked them to check the tracking and was amazed when he showed me that the wheel was toeing in by 30mm.I had not noticed how bad the steering was until driving it now it's sorted.
Drivers wondered why i kept trying to hit them head on :eek::eek: ( i thought it was the glue)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did not measure it but being a plumber i looked at the gap and saw it as being at least the size of 28mm copper.
After setting up the tracking gear he called me over to look at the difference and said f*****g hell have you had a major shunt on this wheel i've never seen one as bad as this:eek:
There was no shunt but god knows how it got like this and it was touch & go whether there was enough thread left to sort it..justT:

·
Registered
724 Posts
WOW! my van handling was just not right, especially at higher speeds, just not very reassuring. All sorted when I got the tracking/4 wheel alingment done, never realised the difference it can make to the handling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts