VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know people's opinions on this. My 2014 T5 panel van has no under engine cover. Should I fit one, or will it hold the water and make everything rust quicker? Should I fit a plastic one, or do these make noise and explode when you hit a puddle? Or should I fit a steel/stainless/aluminium one with all the added weight and cost?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Curious to know people's opinions on this. My 2014 T5 panel van has no under engine cover. Should I fit one, or will it hold the water and make everything rust quicker? Should I fit a plastic one, or do these make noise and explode when you hit a puddle? Or should I fit a steel/stainless/aluminium one with all the added weight and cost?
Standard VW plastic one on my 2011 white van.

Fairly low mileage (42k now) one previous owner van, have never cleaned the engine bay and its looking shiny to me.

No signs of any water retention or rust or anything, and no noise while driving on the rubbish Cornish roads/tracks. Don't think id bother with a metal one, but id not be without mine. Cheap too.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,764 Posts
Mine has an original undertray, which seems to keep the engine cleaner. I would not consider a metal one, purely because of weight, unless you are driving in extreme conditions where rocks are likely to leap up and enter the engine bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts