VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Looks really good. (y)(y)Are you going to post the plans?
Sure here they are, although be aware that when it was all cut I had to make some adjustments so if you want to make one then youll probably want to double check the measurements add up to avoid some head scratching.

The handle was just the cheapest push lock one off eBay and the runners were some 350mm ones from screwfix.

For the carpet I bought a 2x1m piece in ‘anthracite’ off eBay which I ended up with about a quarter left over. It takes a lot to wrap your head around how to neatly carpet with invisible seams etc but if you watch some YouTube videos on carpeting subwoofers then it starts to make sense.

Well done 👏 .
If lockdown persists you could try running your own online woodwork classes ;).
Haha don’t think so,I think this is the first thing I’ve made out of wood, first time using a circular saw too! Lots of swearing whilst making this and it took me the best part of a day

How is it fixed under the seat ?
The intension was to stick some ‘hook’ side Velcro on the bottom which sticks to the floor carpet really well. However it turns out the unit is such a tight fit that it doesn’t need anything as it definitely isn’t sliding anywhere

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
That's some nice design work there, being a technical designer myself I can appreciate a good sketch seeing as I've had to work from fag packet sketches over the years (y)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sure here they are, although be aware that when it was all cut I had to make some adjustments so if you want to make one then youll probably want to double check the measurements add up to avoid some head scratching.

The handle was just the cheapest push lock one off eBay and the runners were some 350mm ones from screwfix.

For the carpet I bought a 2x1m piece in ‘anthracite’ off eBay which I ended up with about a quarter left over. It takes a lot to wrap your head around how to neatly carpet with invisible seams etc but if you watch some YouTube videos on carpeting subwoofers then it starts to make sense.

Haha don’t think so,I think this is the first thing I’ve made out of wood, first time using a circular saw too! Lots of swearing whilst making this and it took me the best part of a day

The intension was to stick some ‘hook’ side Velcro on the bottom which sticks to the floor carpet really well. However it turns out the unit is such a tight fit that it doesn’t need anything as it definitely isn’t sliding anywhere View attachment 180880
View attachment 180881
View attachment 180882
Brilliant. Thanks for posting all the plans - it's pretty much exactly the sort of thing i want to build

21 - 31 of 31 Posts