VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Custom T4+T5 t-shirts,...
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to undo the load lashing bolts, but they seem to be properly stuck. I've tried a starry shaped bit (it has about half of the indentations as the bolt) and an allen key, but I've only managed to remove what was left of one of the bolt heads already. Is there a tool that's specifically designed to do the job? Or any other way of getting them out?

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Undo load lashing rings?

I may have been too frustrated with the b**gers to type clearly. In the back of our (panel) van there are load lashing rings. They are bolted into the floor with a funny type of bolt (starry). And they are stuck, no matter what I've tried.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Nah, they're spline drive bolts fellas.
A torx drive only has 6 points and will bugger up the bolt head, make sure you use the correct size spline drive and they should come straight out;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nah, they're spline drive bolts fellas.
A torx drive only has 6 points and will bugger up the bolt head, make sure you use the correct size spline drive and they should come straight out;)
Like the man in orthopedic shoes, I stand corrected. You are absolutely right.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like another trip to the DIY shop for some more tools :) Any recommendations where I could pick up a set cheapishly? Halfords have 7 Piece Spline Bit Socket set 1/2" for £22.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like another trip to the DIY shop for some more tools :) Any recommendations where I could pick up a set cheapishly? Halfords have 7 Piece Spline Bit Socket set 1/2" for £22.
That sounds about fair, if you can handle the fact that it'll involve entering a Halfrauds branch!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ipact driver has right size bit in it ,
there only cheap and you get a good few different bits,
and will always come in handy.T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts