VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I have been lusting after this van for a year or two and finally bought it a few months ago with a view to painting it cream with a brown leather interior and teak hardwood polished decking in the rear! Thought it would be a great companion to the T5 Coffee and cream van I am building.
BUT, my son has just had an offer accepted on a house and as its his first purchase I naturally want to help him all I can with the deposit. This is the only thing I can sell to help him so despite all my plans for it , its got to be sold. Gutted!
So it started life as a lwb panel van and has been converted to a lwb pickup.

It gets looks wherever it goes and everybody just loves it.
Just think what it could be like if painted and finished!!

Engine is sought after 2.5 tdi, done 190k miles with quite a bit of history and is ultra reliable with cruising at 80 achievable all day long.
Body work is very good for age (R reg) with no major rust and all panels good.

Inside it has 2 single seats with drivers being a captains with arms. drivers seat has a hole/damage so needs repair and both need a good clean. Internal plastics all present and correct with little wear. radio / cd player fitted.
Audi alloys included with a spare audi alloy as well.
MOT 10 months approx.
There is work to be done, drop down tailgate held on by a strap so work needed to install hinges and brackets to hold it on properly as they are no longer working. NB This work has now been done so the tailgate locks properly then hinges down with cable strap supports.

There is a small crack in the paint to the nearside, these have been there for around 3-4 years with no deterioration, there are huge chassis strengthening plates underneath.
There are annoying squeaks and rattles from the offside b pillar which could be body flexing or just loose metal, so investigation needed.
You will not find anything as cool as this and it could be a real show piece with little money or is perfectly usable as is and in better condition than most T4 vans on the market.
I want £2995 for it which I think is fair given the strong engine, reliability and uniqueness!!
All money to my son of course so will not negotiate.
Colin 07799 626310 £2995
Lots more info and pics, based in witney , oxon for viewing, its had cambelt, brakes etc sorted recently as well.
Pics in my pictures and albums but I'll post pics up here soon

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics now added.
This really is an amazing van, useable as is and very reliable.
It could also be a very cool showpiece!
Colin

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Yes it's cool as...I had great plans for it too but I'm sure my son will be grateful!!
No interest??
Really would like it to go to a true enthusiast but eBay beckons....

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drop down tailgate now fully repaired which enables it to lock firmly in place, drop down on cable straps and also remove completely.
:)

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Old ply rear floor removed, floor cleaned ( remarkable condition) new ply floor and wheel arch boxes installed.
Floor protected with Sadolin , top capping also sanded and protected with Sadolin. All sealed with Sikaflex,rear now transformed.
Now on eBay with nearly 4,000 views and 140 watchers.!!
First to view will buy as this is a real head turner and very unique!!
Colin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts