VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

unit in very rear

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  bendylan 
#1 ·
has anyone done or got any pics of fitting sink/hob/fridge unit in very rear where access by tailgate ?
as i dont/cant loose any of my 9 seats and with my tribe we can only fit in a big tent anyhow

#2 ·
Not terribly helpful as I've looked through so many threads in the past fortnight I've gone boss eyed and can't find it now - I do remember a very clever one that was at the rear and the cooking bits all came out on a runner under the tailgate.

I'll keep hunting if no-one comes up with anything else. I:

#6 ·
T: They are the ones - fantastic and very inspirational - I'm thinking along those lines too!

I had just one question though (pardon me for butting in, as I know it's not my thread) - how do you get a cuppa on if the weather is terrible? Do you have some drop down sides for the tailgate or can you use inside in any way?

............or do you just draw straws and wear waterproofs?!! ;)

#8 ·
I have not used this kitchen yet, thanks to someone stuffing the rear end of the van in, but will be doing so soon.

I found a small driveaway awning, which fits right up to the back of the van and the tailgate hopefully will open up into the awning. Appears to work in theory, need to try in practice. All depends on how high my van is, I have tried it on another van and it just fits.

Keep an eye on my thread in the next couple of weeks for an update.

#7 ·
Sorry to hijack the thread but i've been toying with this same idea and am going to put it into action over the next few months.

A looking at having a smev sink\hob combo on runners out the back of the rock and roll bed, with gas and water stored under the bed. Depending on the depth of the sink i've been thinking about having a second drawer underneath for odds and sods not sure how well this will work though.

I've seen a few Tailgate awnings http://www.reimo.com/de/90013-kabine_fuer_heckklappe_vw_t4_t5/ but could imagine there a bit of a pain to put up and take down just for a quick cuppa.

I think i'm going to keep a small foldup single burner tucked away in the van somewhere for those wet and windy days.

#9 ·
That is exactly what I have got, will take better photo when I get my van back from garage.

The Reimo tailgate awning looks great but is costly and has to be packed away everytime you want to move the van. You are better trying to find a drive away awning then you can leave everything set up.

#11 ·
Absolutely, when parked up and camping for sure T:

However, I was thinking for when I'm out and about on the bike/walking the dog and wanna brew and warm up before heading home/back to camp or if I've camped up in a random layby rather than somewhere I'd want to be putting up an awning.

It was just a ponder :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.