VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first T5 transporter. It has an aftermarket stereo which is bluetooth, sat nav, and appears to have internet capability. However, I am unable to get the satnav working - originally it was pending trying to find GPS signal, and then after I played in the settings, the sat nav is gone and when clicking the Navi button on the side, it brings up a different display as per the picture with the world on it.

Looking to find out the make/model of this system, so that I can atleast refer to the user manual. I wonder if this is a subscription I must sign up to?!
If anyone knows it, please let me know, as it has no indication on the exterior, or in the settings. The information I have on it is as follows:

Bluetooth connects to Carkit_TW
CPU information: Cortex-A9 dual core
MCU Version 4.3.11-22-13-E50201
System version: 2.9.3_20150115

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
9,500 Posts
Check the GPS antenna to see if it's dropped down inside the dash - it's not unusual for people to balance it on the top of the glovebox casing and if it drops down lower into the dash you will get little/no GPS reception.

I recognise the model from a couple of years ago when I was looking to buy a headunit - they were widely available on Ebay. You should not expect to get any support from the manufacturer - they are made in China with no branding for a reason: they don't want any comeback if the owner has problems.

·
Registered
263 Posts
try a factory reset , just might boot up and correct itself . I have a Chinese headset im happy with it but every so often i have to reset when it plays up . are those 2 slots are the bottom for micro storage card , could be for the maps to load from if missing ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your advice so far - I've looked into each of it.

So far:
Hot spot - yes I've connected it to my mobile and can browse internet on there now, however the Navi application does not take my information from my phone to resolve its GPS satellites issue and still cannot find the GPS satellites

GPS aerial - no sign of one down the dashboard - not sure if that's good or bad - either it's not there and thus no signal, or it's down the front and thus no signal.
I plan on getting access to the back of the stereo and seeing if there's anything connected in the back for this purpose.

Factory Reset - reluctant to do so until I know how to install and work the system, hence the request for information on the brand so I could find a user manual before I go back too far. As a last resort, yeah, this is the plan.

Got a lead on the system having looked for like for like photos on ebay - just looking into it now
The software it operates is a IGo Primo by Basarsoft and the Navigation by Naviextras, but unable to update these as it requires the hardware information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been resolved - post closed

I found the same device on ebay, who is only sold by one seller supposedly.
He was 45mins away, so popped there today. He took apart the stereo and the GPS antenna was no longer connected in the back, having thought it could be a faulty antenna, which is odd to have come out because it must be physically unscrewed to remove it. He then updated the maps too and gave me the instruction manual and a lesson on how to make full use of the system!

Brilliant customer care, even though its out of warranty and a great guy.

Cheers for the advice everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts