VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have campervan insurance that does not limit their mileage? My current insurers only cover me for 9000 a year and I am nearly on 8000 after 4 months. I have been offered the chance to move to another company that will cover me for 12000. I have paid £275 for 9000 which may last another month or 2 at most so that will be for 6 months insurance. I would sooner move to someone offering me more than 12000 for £425.

Does anyone else do a high mileage in their VW? I like to get away most weekends and all school holidays. It is over 500 miles return to Snowdonia or 600 return to the Lake District, Scotland is over 1000, I did over 2000 going to the Alps in August and would have gone further but for concern over insurance. I didn't buy my van to park it in the drive!

Any advice on insurance companies welcome.

Carole

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have campervan insurance that does not limit their mileage? My current insurers only cover me for 9000 a year and I am nearly on 8000 after 4 months. I have been offered the chance to move to another company that will cover me for 12000. I have paid £275 for 9000 which may last another month or 2 at most so that will be for 6 months insurance. I would sooner move to someone offering me more than 12000 for £425.

Does anyone else do a high mileage in their VW? I like to get away most weekends and all school holidays. It is over 500 miles return to Snowdonia or 600 return to the Lake District, Scotland is over 1000, I did over 2000 going to the Alps in August and would have gone further but for concern over insurance. I didn't buy my van to park it in the drive!

Any advice on insurance companies welcome.

Carole
Hi i always have 15000 on my insurance and at the moment am with halifax bank and am paying £425 fully comp!

Angie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I spent yesterday phoning companies recommended on a thread about insurance. Just kampers will give me unlimited mileage at £315 per annum so well pleased with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts