VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Saw this really lovely build from volkspec in VWBus mag and was taken by the openable pop top canvas. Seems like a really great idea but I haven’t seen one like this before. It seems so simple and like it could be possible to create even in an existing top.
van.

has anyone got any experience of this? Anyone installed a zip themselves? I’m well tempted to see if I can find someone skilled with a needle and thread to take a look! I love the idea of getting the fresh air into the roof!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are fab, i have the skyline version , 👍👍👍
Useful, thanks for the reply. I have followed that up and see it’s called a scenic version. Is it just a zip that you undo and roll up. Looking at yours would you say it could be retro fitted to a non scenic version. Obviously you’d need to do it in situ and it could be quite fiddly but possible?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've got one too in my pop top but I'd say it would be very difficult to stitch on the van, would need to be on a machine to get a strong enough stitch imo

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got one too in my pop top but I'd say it would be very difficult to stitch on the van, would need to be on a machine to get a strong enough stitch imo

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Yes I guess its pretty thick fabric by nature. Maybe I will just have to add it to my wish list for my next conversion! At least I know that they exist and done by skyline. Thanks for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts