VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i need to replace my front lower cross member, do wheel arch works, brake line works and tidy generally attend to all surface rust on the bottom of my 1997 T4. I would like to get the whole van up about a foot so i can dolly myself around underneath. I tried searching the forum for "raising t4 up onto blocks" and a few other phrases but I am not getting any good results. does anyone have any pointers or can point me some info on this? I am not sure if i am better lifting under the wheels and slowly adding 12x2s with chalks attached or other support locations... it will be in my garage on concrete surface. Thank you :)

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
when I want to work on the front of a t4 I drive them up onto ramps, easily gain ~9"

obviously if you need wheels off then I'd suggest jack-stands or wood?

Rich.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Rich,
I finally decided to build some wooden ramps and she is about 22cm up off ground giving me plenty of clearance. Was a bugger getting it up the ramps all 4 wheels at the same time as my table saw did not go more than 60° and i cam in out of the wet dirt drive but got it there a couple nervous tries. cheers, Tonino :) by the way i did find someone selling metal frame ramps but for the life of me i cannot see myself comfortable laying under the van thinking they may crumple lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts