VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just stumbled across this. An amazing post. Thanks for sharing. Will deffo give this a go!

What thread did you use? Was it a heavy duty one or just standard type? Many thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice work there.One rule of thumb that i can pass on is always where possible bring the 'Shape to the straight'.
Imagine you are sewing up a round bar stool top.You keep the straight border underneath the circle of fabric as you sew....simples.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dont forget to keep the border under the top panel when you stitch.Its easier.
Also a good idea to put strike marks along the edges as you can see if the next corner is going to fall into place and if sewing a curve too.
I saw on an earlier post that people cant find white piping.PM me for lengths req'd.
Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thinking of getting a rock and roll frame and boarding/upholstering it ourselves. Can someone explain how these boards attach to frames once it's upholstered?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can anyone explain how the upholstered boards are attached to the frame of a typical rock and roll frame? Thinking of getting a full width autobeds frame but boarding and upholstering it ourselves.

·
Registered
228 Posts
ONly just seen this. Might be a stupid question but how do you secure the boards/seat to the frame?

In my camper i've got the boards secured to the frame but all the cushions are loose (it was bought like that)..

21 - 35 of 35 Posts