VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have our own in-house trim shop. All our own leatherwork is done by our Upholsterer Nick.
We do however have the capacity to take on a couple of extra jobs a month whether they are just front seats or Kombi seats or a campervan seats and bed.
Here are a few examples of our work.

A double and single done in black autocalf leather with twin stitched Bentley pattern with red inserts and red stitch detail for french seam.

We have a couple of jobs on at the moment where the customers want a combination of red / black. We thought it was worth while doing a couple of test seat bases to try out different patterns.
Please note these are not clipped down as they are just placed over the foam. If they were upholstered to a metal base they would be a lot tighter without wrinkles.....these were some spare foams we had lying around.

First one was a bit retro....we thought it had hints of golf GTI.

The second one was just plain black but with a thicker 12mm scrim foam on the centres and a narrow twin stitched pleat.

Some T4 captains seats in black vinyl....these are for sale at the moment. £500

Some touran seats in a caddy. Matching rear seats and matching light feature.

As a rough guide, a set of front T5 seats done in decent leather with some detailed stitch or two tone leather is likely to be in the region of £650 plus vat. But as there are quite a lot of variables then prices may vary a bit.

If anyone wants a quote for retrim work then please get in touch. Thanks for looking.

07771 650600 (Ed)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Do you have any original seat covers that you have removed, for sale?
I do you like your retrims, but I'm afraid I can't afford it and was hoping to restretch a used cover over my captains chair driver-side.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Do you have any original seat covers that you have removed, for sale?
I do you like your retrims, but I'm afraid I can't afford it and was hoping to restretch a used cover over my captains chair driver-side.

Thanks
Andrew
Unfortunately when we retrim, the covers are cut to remove plastics and flys etc which are needed for the new cover. So our discarded covers are not really usable.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have started a set of seats that are destined for our next demo van.

We also have a set of T5 seats. Drivers captain seat plus non folding double. Done in Black autocalf leather with bentley diamond pattern and twin needle detailing. These are available of an exchange basis for £583 plus vat assuming your seats are the same condition and spec. Adjustments if you have worn bolsters or no armrests.

Tel 07771 650600

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a couple more retrims that we have done over the past couple of weeks. There are more photos on the facebook page. Sorry about the quality of the photos but they were done on my phone.
First was a lagoon blue autocalf leather in a full conversion using our own bed.

The next was a set of captains seats and a RIB altair 112cm that we did as a standalone retrim. The leather here is oxblood autolux, a smoothgrain leather from UK hide.

If anyone wants any leather retrims we have a few spaces available in the comming months and are happy to give a quote. We have plenty of loan seats if required.
Thanks for looking.
Ed

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A few recent retrims that we have undertaken.

Kombi seats in black leather with medium grey stitch.

Kombi seats with tripple stitch and deep patterning 12mm scrim, oxblood leather.

Some mx5 seats for a beetle we did in black vinyl and polo GTi fabric.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi ed, loving your work mate, really like the touran seats in the caddy pattern, like a stretched hexagon, could you pm me a price for that exact pattern for front single and double In a t5? I'm near Newport T: thinking black leather with a bright red or lime green stitch?

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A few more retrims that we have done over the past month or so. If anyone wants a quote please get in touch.

A set of front seats retrimmed to match the timo / anthracite tripple bench that we used in a kombi conversion.

A set of tassamo fronts, again done to match the rear kombi seats that we were fitting.

A quick centre panel swap on a caravelle seat to tie in with the place trimmed seats in the front.

A seat of captains seats and a tripple rib seat trimmed for a customer from Birmingham. Black leather with a mid grey twin stitch.

Front covers just resting on the workbench before being fitted....I thought they looked pretty good here;)

Looked better when fitted though:D.

And our new demo van seats. Done in range rover tan nappa with a mushroom stitch. The set consists of a set of captains seats and a retrimmed california seat. This van will be on our stand at Busfest if anyone wants a closer look.

Thanks for looking:)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are a few additional photos of some recent retrims. Please excuse the quality of photos....done on a phone with dusty lense:(.

At last we got chance to try out a retro pattern we have been itching to do for a while.:)

We have done some rear caravelle singles plus a set of front captains seats in diamond stitch with a silver grey thread.

Our own demo van is having a set of 4 single caravelle seats plus captains seats up front. These are finished in St James red with a close ribbed pattern.

Our current retrim is a cali rear seat plus 2 cali fronts in a close ribbed pattern with the addition of map pockets on the backs.

Thanks for looking.
Ed

·
2012 180 Sportline SWB Camper
1,144 Posts
We are now doing a lot of conversions using cali seats. This latest one was a bit different, being retrimmed in a sportline style.

This looks like the one I commissioned Ed to do along with floor and seat rails.

Top work Ed T:

Highly recommended.

Here's a few pics after the conversion was completed:

·
Registered
124 Posts
What is your approx price for retrim T5 driver seat only including armrests.
Plain black leather.
Maybe, because I'm in Ireland, you could supply a seat on an exchange basis. The bolster on mine would need replacing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts