VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I received a letter today from my insurance company asking for information on the accident I was involved in at the start of February. :eek: not knowing anything about this, I rang the insurance company who confirmed what was written in the letter. I then asked where this so called accident took place. I got told the accident was in Nottingham, which is well over 4hrs from my home. I know where I was this day (but have no proof). The insurance company have said that they will look into it. Anyone else had a problem like this before?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
never happened to me but yo help jog your memory where u were on that date look at bank statements for the date in question you may see things you bought that day which might help...

best i can do mate

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
Get proof of where you were then go to the police with a copy of your letter, its either a scam or as my cousin had, someone had cloned his reg and they were in an accident.
They had copied his reg from a car forum and then hit another car, they were the typical non English scum that was not supposed to be here in the first place.
The police love this type of case as it quite often leads to a nice big scam and fraud shut down T:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had this a couple of months ago, at the time and date of the accident my van was in the workshop halfway through being painted.
insurance company said they have had a few of these incidents so told me not to worry about it and they would contact the police and inform them it was a scam. didn't hear anything after that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the replies guys. Informed DVLA today, who were really helpful. As for Notinghamshire and South Wales Police......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts